Average run per day.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
I was just posting on another forum on this site and kind of got to wondering what's the average run most of you all make with your boat. Where I go you can go 30 miles between boat ramps and doing 50miles in one day is pretty much average. I might add that you might see one building in that distance also. Mostly bluffs, prairie dogs. and cows.

fatrap

In LA marsh fishing, I'd go 5 to 10 miles. Probably don't do 30 miles all day. I can go all year on my 21 gal tank no more than I fished, but I was laid up half of this year. Pontoon boat might get 40 miles all year so there again, a tank lasts me the season. Next year will be different, might have to fill both twice (maybe). If I fish locally, I might do 4-8 miles total per trip. I drive more than that to get there. 8 miles for one place, 200 miles+ for the toon per trip and 1000+ if I go to LA for marsh fishing. (generally 4 to 6 times a year)

Anna cold side is 13,000 acres, hot side 3,000 acres. Neither one has that long of a run but on the cold side, if I am not on fish I may have to run a ways to find a pattern. In the old NITRO on a day when I was looking with clients, I would burn 1/2 tank (57 gal tank). River is much longer but we normally trailer closer to where we want to fish. It's cheaper.

If I travel to the other lakes, 10 to 50 miles trailer time and at home, 100 yards to ramp. Motor run on my lake is about 30 minutes total.

cq

I think my max is about 20 miles, but try to stay under that. My skiff only goes about 33 mph so that makes for a lot of run time if I go any farther.

An average day for me is maybe 10 miles, we have ramps all over the place where I mostly fish.

I fish the Potomac River 90% of the time and always launch at the same place since I have a launch pass for that site. It is a big body of water so I always start close and let the fish tell me what to do. If they are cooperating I don't waste gas. If they don't cooperate I start moving around. In a tournament I'll always go to where I think my best chance is to catch a good bag. The farthest I've run a boat one way without stopping is 55 miles. My right leg was so stiff from holding the hot foot down I could barely stand up when I stopped.

I'm with Toxic and HerndonPro.

On the Potomac, you can sometimes get away with less than 2-miles all day, and barely even running the big motor, but sometimes it requires a bit more or even a lot more. I've done well out of Aquia before and never even left the no-wake zone - about a 1/2 mile. Same with Anna.

Buggs and Gaston can get you spread out quite a bit more though.

Lately I have been running all over the hot side of Anna looking for cooperative fish. Another thing I do, especially if I have been idling around with the side scan on, is to make a good high speed run back to the ramp at the end of the day. My HDPI eats gas like a fat kid eats birthday cake!!:)

Latest posts

Back