Attn: Humminbird_Greg

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alvin Roberts

Reaction score
Greg, or anyone else who can answer...My wife bought me a Humminbird 570 DI for my birthday and I installed it today on the front casting deck. I had a Humminbird Wide Eye C installed back at the console. The Wide Eye quit working but it was the unit itself...the power is good and the transducer is still good. Are there any other older units that will work with that transducer that I could buy maybe off ebay or something? The transducer is in the hull and I wouldn't mind just buying another unit that would work with the existing transducer just to see depth changes etc, while riding out to my fishing spots. The 570 DI transducer is mounted to my trolling motor so I can't use it when running along with the outboard.

I have a WIDEEYE head unit that I bought when I thought my original Tracker WideEye Unit went south. Turns out the old Tracker in-dash flasher was creating interference. The WE unit I bought was brand new (taken off a new boat in an upgrade), and I paid $50 for it. If you want it for that plus USPS standard express(?)shipping (you know, the "if it fits, it ships")email me. I've never installed it. I didn't get any paperwork or manuals but I think you can probably find that on-line. No warranty of course, but if you can't get it to work, I'll send you your money back ( price plus original shipping).

Greg, thank you for the information. At least I have a few options. I wouldn't mind buying a new unit to replace the old Wide Eye at the console but I really wanted to be able to use the transducer that was already epoxied into the hull. I really only need to see the depth over at the console and I'll use the 570DI while I'm trolling and fishing up on the front deck.

Jskid, I may take you up on that offer. I'll have to wait a couple of weeks while we recover from Christmas. I will hit you up soon about that unit you have. Sounds like just what I need. All the other Wide Eye units I have seen while looking around on ebay while I was off for Christmas look pretty beat up. Of course I realize it's an old unit but if I could get one in pretty new condition like the one you have I would be satisfied with it.

Alvin just let me know. I understand about Christmas; we've got a big family with grandbabies and nieces and nephews!:D

Jeffry,

I know this thread is old, but I sent you an email regarding the Wide Eye head unit you have. I would like to get it if you still have it.

Latest posts

Back