atten. TOXIC

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Archer

Reaction score
The boat is a nitro 180f/s 1995. Boat is in excellent condition except for the age of the wood in the transom is what caused the problem. Didn't notice it until i hit a submerged log going about 10 mph so not a hard hit. got it home on trailer and noticed the fresh crack.

so you DID hit something? Any problems with teh outboard, prop or lower unit?

Sounds like an insurance claim is in order

Problem with insurance claims like that is there needs to be some kind of physical damage at the impact site.

Word.

Tee I have seen one case where the transom failed before the impact did damage to the lower unit (other than a few scratches). The thought was that the weakest part gave first....but only one case.... :)

You are correct Mini. The guy that gave the quote said the core is bad thus hitting the log caused the transom to flex and crack. No signs prior to that. This is a fresh clean crack. And no damange to lower unit at all, couple nicks on front of lower unit is all. Was just starting to throttle up when it happened. Motor and prop are fine. Didn't notice the crack untill i got it home and was washing boat down. About craped myself! Lol.

i would have had mental fit for a few hours untill i calmed down if that happened to my boat.

hope your issurance company works with you on this? best of luck!!

Thanks Joe. Thats what iam concerned about (the insurance co.) been with them 30+ yrs would really hate to butt heads with them. Feet are already planted waiting for that.:D

Dumped mine when they wouldn't cover a 3" crack in the hull of mine...dumped Nationwide right then and there.

Adjuster said there was no impact spot and that Tracker was responsible...go figure.

Dumped mine when they wouldn't cover a 3" crack in the hull of mine...dumped Nationwide right then and there.

Adjuster said there was no impact spot and that Tracker was responsible...go figure.

Well i'll find out tomorrow. They are sending a marine surveyor up to look at it. Talked to him on the phone and sounded pretty cool about it. Sounds like he's gonna lean towards the shops opinon and go with that. I will let ya'll know how it goes.

Latest posts

Back