Article

• Thread starter Scott Hammer TOXIC [URL]http://yamamoto.baits.com
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
The link below will take you to my most current article and yes, that is my old NITRO in the picture on a day I was heading to the hotside. There is a story behind that trip that was wild. If you have ever pulled a 20 ft boat with surge brakes on sheer ice you would know what I mean, not a fun experience!! I searched for the Senko article and couldn't find it, I also looked here on my laptop and it is not there so I might have lost it when I changed computers. I'll start a new thread and recap for those that want to know. I have 2 more articles in the hopper right now and everyone here ought to register to get Yamamoto's monthly newsletter, it is great and there is no spam. They DO NOT give any email addresses to anyone.
http://yamamoto.baits.com/

Great read Tox! Although I prefer to just head to warmer climates and fish when winter arrives. :D

Dano, I was telling the wife today how we missed each other when I was in Florida and you headed South to "harvest" the local waters. Make no mistake you are on my list and as of April, I be in my 29th year with the Gooberment. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I plan on doing some traveling to fish and Lanier for some of those spots is high on my list. Don't catch em while I'm there?.......No worries, I'll stay until the bite turns on!!:lol:

Learned a lot - nice photo also. I like the bite size articles that I can read on spare moments - happy you turned me on to the e-zine

My day job only brought me close 1 time (lucky for you), I had enough time to buy Rich Stern dinner and ride off into the sunset to close another bank. When I retire, I plan on a couple of things. 1. to go fish with friends on new water, places I have never been and do my bucket list of lakes at their prime times. 2. Fish a major trail. I've got to do it while I still have enough "gas in the tank" body wise. Dan knows the toll the trail can take. He has done a bunch.

friends on new water? I cant get you away from St Clair! lol

Saginaw Bay this year son....even if its a day trip. You wont want to leave!

Heck, I was thinking of renting a place on St Clair for the entire summer when I retire, I want to do a tournament trail up there as well.

Honestly you two need to look at that tournament that I fished last year. I didnt pre fish because the wind was so bad. Rolled out on the first day and had 20 lbs in the box in 20 minutes. Never upgraded but caught 50 fish all by myself in the boat. Took 26 to win it. Second day was nasty with weather and we never went more than 5 miles from the ramp. We had 23 pounds that day and we were off the water by 10 because of a storm. We went back out and upgraded after it passed. Took 26 that day to win too.

Save your money Tox....lol Or bring a bunch! lol

Alright ,Toxic, signed up for the Yamamoto web site. This better be good!!!

Brantley

Brantley,

It is good. It used to be a mail order hard copy magazine, then they went to online and made it free. There's no spamming or sharing of email addresses and as a bonus, the articles are pretty dang good if I do say so myself. They are all written by real fishermen and although there is promotion of GYCB (duh)there are also a lot of articles on other baits. You'll like it. I've got to get to work, I've got 3 more article assignments to get out. The only thing I wish that they would do is to offer a discount in some way (or special promotions) to subscribers. I'm gonna float that by the editor and see if it gets any attention.