Aqua-Vu & underwater cameras

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Waste of $$ unless your water is crystal clear. I've seen one on St Clair and got discouraged after I saw all the fish that weren't biting!!:lol:

TOXIC

Ive got one its a piece of junk, save your money.

I had one of the Atlantis camera's and I woldn't say it was a waste of money but you definatly won't see images like you see underwater shots on TV. I used mine mainly for ice fishing up North where I live. In the winter time the water is very cloudy, almost too cloudy to see anything but once you were on the bottom you could see fairly well. The biggest issue you would have using it for open water fishing is you can't see the monitor well in sunlight. The Aquaview did seem to have a better sunshade than the Altantis at the time though. I looked last year for an Aquaview and couldn't find one. Do they still make them? I do see that Marcum has one out now that does look pretty interesting.

In clear water they are pretty cool to play with. They can also be used for scouting docks when mounted on a 10' piece of PVC. ;)

There's a viewing cone in this month's Bassmaster Magazine that looks really interesting.

The waters at Dale can be really clear although it does have a green hue to it...I have put good glasses on and shaded the sides out and I can see down to 20 feet, so I would imagine that this might be worth investigating on my part.

I could see this working on the Great Lakes also.

I'll see if I can get the name...

TEE,

You can make one out of a construction cone. They have been used up here for a few years. Made by Poor Boys Baits in Indiana. Called the Flogger.

Flogger! That's it!

I should have known that name!:lol:

Materials & Tools > Tournament Accessories

Details:

Flogger

SKU#: 2x145

Description: You

As Mac, another downside to the underwater camera is that it will make you dizzy in any kind of chop, something to do with the motion of the camera and boat!!

TOXIC

Well Ken S, sell your piece of junk to Eufala's My Home for a this is junk price. he gets one at a discount to try and you free up space for some new ourchase.

Well Ken S, sell your piece of junk to Eufala's My Home for a this is junk price. he gets one at a discount to try and you free up space for some new purchase.

I had a friend that bought/tried to use an Aqua View (or similar) camera years ago. His problem was that he forgot the real premise of anything like this is to find 'structure' where bass (or fish) hang out.

He sat on 'fish' for hours trying to catch that one or two fish - instead of using it to find structure where they hang out to 'eat' at.

Like mentioned previously, using it to search for docks that hold crappie and such is a good potential use. I was seriously considering buying one about 4-5 years ago and didn't. Glad that I didn't.

Tex

I got a flogger for Christmas. It should be awesome for finding deep beds in June!

About 50 years ago when I was younger, my grandfather used to make "fish lookers" to use on the clear lakes in Wisconsin. They were not made out of plastic, but worked like the flogger.

I want a clear glass bottom boat and be done with it!:lol:

I can hear it now..."Honey how did your fishing trip go"?

"All I did was Flogged it all day and looked for fish"!:huh::lol::lol:

Being a certified PADI Dive Instructor, I've got another ideal. Pick you up a cheap set of fins, mask, snorkel and a cheap dive camera. Wait till this summer and free dive on the areas you think are hot. Take underwater pictures of anything you find interesting (humps, drop-offs, structures, or fish themselves) nothing better that actually seeing the area first hand. Make sure you log each picture then match them to a map of the lake. Now you have a visual reminder of all your honey holes. Two things, first hope you can swim, and second always have a swim partner in the water and one on the boat.

Latest posts

Back