Appologies...for the bug!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pierre Voisine

Reaction score
Folks I am that person who, without knowing sent you a virus. I receive many emails on my site from people who ask questions regarding fishing equipment and such. yesterday I opened one from a young man asking for my advice on particular rod and reels. I opened the file (without regard to the extyention) only to find an full list of equipment requiring my input. The person who infected me was deliberate in their actions. This file then send itself to everyone I have contacted through email.

Please delete any .bat file or even attachements I have sent. I rarely send anything anyways.

Again my appologies, the system has been fixed at my end.

P.S....this idiot knows his equipment though!

Pierre

It came to me with as a .com file....once I saw it was an executable file, I deleted.

That's OK Pierre, I'll take your Nitro has payment for my hard drive. LOL

Rob

Wow Pierre,...If you win next year's rally,.....boy do I have an idea for your "award"......hahahaa!!!! Hey,..I have a sponsorship idea for you,.....you should talk to the makers of "RAID!"...ahahha,....y'know,..along the lines of my idea of Nascar Driver Dick Trickle teaming up with "Depends".....a perfect match!!! Just doggin' ya ....i still love your beer!!...ahahahahaa...seeya!! :eek:)

Hey Pierre, You know that guy who sent that email, He might not even know he did it either. This thing picks a random file off your hard drive and adds itself to it. That is why the double extension at the end. You might want to send him an email letting him know his system is sending out a Virus. and to go the this link so he can get it out of his system.

Take care, And hope to see you in a few months

John
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]

Thanks for the heads up. I was just about to send you an e-mail and ask if it was legit.

It came to me as a .xls.pit so I deleted it right away. Usually any attachment with 2 extensions is a dead give away that it's a virus.

take care,

Marke

Latest posts

Back