Anyone fish Lake Ponchartrain?

• Thread starter Joe Bennett [URL]http://www.jabennettphotography.c
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I fished lake ponchatrain 2 fridays ago. Launched at Mandeville Harbor and headed to the causeway. Once you get there, drop the trolling motor and troll along the causeway. Keep your bait tight to the pillions and on the bottom. I have heard that live shrimp under popping corks work, and also that Mirrolure Top Pup....Haven't had any luck with either one of those methods. Try your best NOT to fish during slack tide.....the bite seems to stop. Its really nice if you dont have a bimini top, because that 24 mile "reef"(the causeway) cast a 24 mile shadow all day!!!! You can fish all day and never get in the sun.

I grew up on lake p. its a tough lake to fish since there isnt much structure.

H&h shad baits in salt and pepper with a 1/8 or 1/4 oz head work. White boddy pink tail sassy shad also work sometimes.

Shrimp is your best bet by the causway or twin span. Fish no the bottm SLOW near the pylons. You need to make the fish think the bait in trying to sneak away without being noticed.

;)

Are you familiar with louisianasportsman.com ? If not, go to the website and click-> Reports (or) Fourms. click-> Inshore Fishing. ....... . Plenty of post about Lake P in there. You can do as much "home work" as you want.

Latest posts

Back