anyone ever install a radio in an nx882 ?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim B

Reaction score
I installed a marine cd player radio in my nx882. the radio slot in in the glove box on the dual console models like mine and i installed the radio there. the first time ive ever had the boat in a rainstorm and the glove box leaked and the radio got runied and everything in the box got wet. has anyone else installed a radio in a nx882? and if so how do you keep the glovebox dry ?

Jim,

I installed a radio in my 882, but before I did I noticed that the glove box tens to leak so I went to the auto parts store and got some weather striping and put around the lid where it would seal. I have had no more problems with it. I will try to get you the name of who it was made by and the model # of the material.

William

Just a Note. There is a difference between Auto radios and marine radios. The marine radios have a protective coating over the circuit board and connections inside to protect it from moisure and corrosion. That's why they are more expensive.

I have a car JVC CD player in my boat. It's been there for 2 months and has been soaked several times. Still working fine. I don't recommend it, but it was an extra one I had from a trade in truck so I used it. Just be sure to mount it and secure it well to elimnate excessive bouncing.

I want to put a radio in my 882, where did you guys put your speakers?

Jim, thanks for the info, i understand what you did, thanks again.

Eric H.

I have 2 factory cut outs for 6.5" in the walls near the floor. I am also putting in 2 pioneer speaker that come in there own mini enclosure/box. You see them all the time at Wally world for about $100. I got mine at a garage sale for $1! I will probably mount them in front of the the small piece of fiberglass that runs under the seats from wall to wall in the boat. That way 2 are facing width wise and then 2 length wise in the boat. Still need a faceplate cover for the radio. Mine blew away while trailering, so now, when it rains, the face of the radio can get wet. When it's all complete, I'll post some pics. Guys at the rally will be able to hear it clearly before launch as I play "Eastbound and down"!

Latest posts

Back