anybody ever get an elbow scope done?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim B

Reaction score
Went to the doc yesterday and its looking like i need to have my right elbow scoped. I have a piece of bone floating around in there and it needs to be removed. It explains all of the clicking and popping and pain i have had the last few weeks. Im just wondering if anyone has had anything like this done and what to expect recovery wise. I will know more after i get more imaging done to confirm but if i do need surgery( the doctor said almost 100% that i do) im going to opt to have it sooner than later because right now its annoying enough that i cant really even fish. Last time i went it popped when i was casting and i was down and out for 3 days after that so i need to get it done asap.

I had my butt done awhile ago, does that count?? LOL....just make sure you can still ride the DUC!!!

Damn Bob...that musta' been one BIG scope!:lol:

Jim, My buddy just had his shoulder done that had a spur and it was about 6 week recovery.

Are they doing it lapriscopically (sp?)

Good luck Jim! I went to the sports clinic at Foxboro and found out I had tendonitis and haven't been able to cast a jerk bait well in a long time. Thank goodness I dam not a great fisherman as I can barely pull in a 2 lb'er! ;)

Hope it all goes well for you! Bill, the MadKayaker

I was to have mine scoped last January, They got in and saw that I had tore my tricep (sp) tendon. I missed three months of work.:eek: Now I have what they call golfers elbow. Very painful in the inside tip of both elbows. But I can still fish.:D Chris F.

Im not sure how they will be doing this yet, the doctor mentioned arthroscopic and also a fully open procedure. I should know more once the ct scan is done and she has a better picture of what is going on in there.

I have had tendonitis or "golfers elbow" in this elbow for years. If i stretch it right its not much of an issue for me any more. The problem im having now is more related to breaking the radius bone a number of years ago. I broke it right at the joint and thats most likely where the bone fragment came from.

Hopefully i can get by with the arthroscopic procedure and not have a lot of downtime. Like Bob mentioned i dont want to miss out of riding or fishing for very long....

Bob, we do need to go for a ride soon, i have got the motor all broken in so it can now be opened up and ridden right. uo need to take this thing for a spin, i think you will like it.

Jim

You have had your share of health issues iver the last coue yrs. i hope you get good news regarding your elbow.

There is still a lot of fishing and ridIng to be had this summer.

I fell off my kids razor skooter 4 yrs ago. Long story and worth a good laugh. I met with an ortho who laughed very openly at me. No scope work needed, but my right arm was out of comision for 8weeks.

Bob B

To funny, wasnt prepaired for your responce:lol:

I've worked with patients that have had this surgery done. (Old nurse here!) Much depends on how aggressively you attack physical therapy when you're done with the surgery. I had a partial knee replacement done last year. You may not feel much like participating in physical therapy immediately after the surgery, but the sooner you get started, the better off you'll be. Take care and God bless!

Latest posts

Back