Anybody ever been a Marshal at a tourney.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T AMBURGEY

Reaction score
Im confirmed for Douglass. I fish this lake a couple time a year. I have always been a fan of the big tourneys. I watch them and follow them like most people do other sports. Im pretty jacked up to get to spend time in the boat with these guys.I was wondering if any body on here has ever did this

Great Experience!! I did it for an article for Yamamoto and did a day with Dave Wolak and a day with the legend Zell Rowland. I would do it again in a heartbeat. A lot depends on who you draw but just remember, these guys are intense and they are concentrating on trying to win. Have some manners, stay out of their way and be very tuned in to when to talk or ask questions. I was on Smith Mountain and it was a bed fishing tournament, Wolak didn't talk much but I got to hear all of his thinking because he talked out loud to me as he went through his mental checklists, I heard a lot without saying much. Even his frustrations on some bedders that wouldn't bite. Zell was a chatterbox. We stayed at the same hotel and I met him at their docks. Got to meet his wife and his dog as well. I guarantee you will enjoy it. And learn a lot.

TOXIC

Thanks Tox Im excited. The only sport in the world were you can be in the game that close. I want to learn all I can.

I know this post is over a year old, but I was a Marshal at the Bassmaster Elite tournament on the Sabine River March 2013. Day one I rode with Rick Clunn in his Nitro Z8 and he fished like a machine all day. Day two I rode with Randy Howell in his Triton X21 and he drove it FAST. He also fished hard and we were surrounded by spectator boats. Day three(top 50 cut) I rode with Matt Reed and he drove his Nitro Z9 over an hour to his water. Very interesting experience that I recommend to anyone who loves to bass fish.

Latest posts

Back