Another update on my Dad

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim B

Reaction score
So far he is doing very well, much better then anyone could have expected. He is doing well enough that they actually sent him home today. He is very happy to be there vs the hospital, he is much more comfortable.

We saw the doctor yesterday and from what he can tell on the post op MRI he got around 98% of the tumor out which is more then anyone expected him to get out. His vision is much better then it was and again better then anyone could have expected. He also got thru with no deficits from what we can see at this point. He is walking well and talking fine and can do anything he wants with his hands. There was a risk of problems on the right side because of where they had to go to get it out but he does not seem to have any problems at all which is just fantastic. The only things hes going thru right now is he is still tired so he is taking a lot of naps but i would expect that and his eyes hurt a little if he keeps them open for too long but that is getting better all the time. The amount of improvement he has made in just two days is nothing short of amazing.

He isn't out of the woods yet by any means but so far so good. Once the doctor get the pathology back we will know exactly what he is dealing with and what the treatments will be. The fact that he got so much of it out increases the chances that they can treat it effectively by a lot.

Thanks again to everyone who has sent a prayer or well wishes his way. It really means a lot. You guys are the best!!!!

Continued prayers. I am with you, that the news is good. Again, please keep us updated.

That's very good news.....continuing to pray. Enjoy your weekend!

Prayers and thoughts often over the last few days -- I am glad he is home, much better for everone. Please keep us abreast on the status.

CHRIS CAS

Jim - VERY glad dad is at home, and on the road to recovery, keep us informed!

Jim,

glad to hear the positive progress with your dad. i hope you both continue to receive good news as he continues with his recovery.

GregD

Jim happy to hear he is doing better and that he is happy. Best of luck with everything.

Latest posts

Back