another sonar question!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Duggan

Reaction score
I already have a Lowrance X85 on the bow that I am very satisfied with.....I am now thinking about replacing the Humminbird 128 by the console that came with my boat. If I add another Lowrance or Eagle sonar, they will run on the same 192 kHz frequency. Will this cause problems if the transducers are at opposite ends of the boat? Also, anybody know anything about the Garmin 240? What freq. does it's transducer operate on?

thanks again

I am Running a Lowrance X49 on the Bow( Trolling Motor Transducer) and a Eagle Strata View 128 on the Console or vice versa. Transom Transducer with Speed and Temp. Eagle and Lowrance are Basically the Same. Both my units have same Transducer Frequency and I do run them at same time without any problems. My 2 units are the same size, so I can swap them at anytime. If you are looking for a smaller unit the X49 is Nice. I like the high speed screen display when I am cruising Along. ALso the Newest Skimmer Style Transducers are Very Small, Mine works great at any speed and does not kick up a roostertail of water behind the boat. Any questions let me know

Jeff, i have a x-85 at the console and a Garmin 240 at the trolling motor and do have interference on both when running in fishing in water deeper that 10 feet. I bought the 240 to replace my x65 for that same reason. The x-85 runs at 192khz and the garmin runs at 200khz so i thought it would be a big enough differance but was wrong. Now the level of interference is not bad just a few stray lines every so often at the same interval and that applies to both. To add to EsoxTrackers post, my friend has a Triton with dual x-49's on it and he has no problem running both at the same time. Unless you use both finders while fishing just turn off the console finder when your fishing from the front.

Eric H.

Jeff,

I have an X-85 up front and a Garmin GPSMAP SOUNDER 168 (Same as the 240 for depth finder) at the console and have no problems.

Russ

Thanks for the replies. I went and bought another X85 today. So now I will be running one at the bow and one at the console. Hopefully I there won't be too much interference, I will keep everyone posted.

thanks

Latest posts

Back