Another Prop Question for Bob (or anyone else))

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Bressler

Reaction score
I have a 1998 Nitro Fish and Ski (115 Tracker (Merc) 2 cycle motor) wanting to get better performance out of the hole. I looked at my boat over the weekend and noticed I have a 22 pitch 3 blade stainless prop. My guess is this is not the original prop. (I am the third owner. I know the prior owner wanted to get places and was more concerned with top speed than acceleration.) Any idea what the original might have been? As always thanks.

i have a 2002 nitro nx750 with a 115 2cycle .prop was 12 3/4x 21p rpms 5950

put on a laser ll-26p 5000 rpms and 50 mph. all with bob b. help. good gas miles:cool:

I cannot recommend a better prop for "out-of-the-hole" performance than the Mercury Hi-Five. Tremendous stern lift, exception hole-shot. The original prop was in fact a 22" Laser 2. If you should decide to go with the hi-five, go pitch for pitch or a 21....:)

Interesting. I would have bet against the Laser II 22" being original. Learn something every day, especially from Bob on this site. Thanks again!!

Hi Bob,

So glad you are willing to help everyone out including me i hope.

Have a 2000 205 FS Has a 200 V6 EFI on the back with a hyd. jack plate.

What is the max RPMs this motor should not go over.It has a 4 blade 25p prop on it now and runs @ 6000rpm. Not sure if i am over reving it.

Again THANKS for all your help and input

6000 is slightly "underpropped", motor is recommended to turn 5800. If it were mine, I would leave it alone....the 2.5 / 200 EFI LIKES that number!!! ;)

Had a 19ft Ranger with a 150 Merc, had 23P prop that was great at top end but slow out of the hole pulling a waterskier, went to a 19P prop and I lost some top end but was way better pulling up skiers.

Latest posts

Back