Another one for the bone head stunts

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Puhalski

Reaction score
Took a vacation day on Monday after two days of fishing. Slept in late and just lazed about till about noon when I figured I'd go down to the lake for awhile. Hooked up the boat and believed I had everything ready. Towed the boat for a mile downtown to go get a sandwich when a couple construction workers stepped out into the road and were waving and pointing at me. "What the heck?" I looked in the side veiw mirror back to the boat, and what do I see? A 100 foot orange extension cord is following me around Town!!! Dang! I knew I was in too much a hurry to hit the water. I pulled over to the side and walked back to hear the jesting of these workers as I pulled the cord out from under tuck tires and off of street signs. How embarasing! Good thing though was the cord was still intact and my 3 bank onboard charger wasn't damaged either. Oh well1 Add that to the list of ooops!

Now I don't feel so bad. Done the same thing back in August. I've also taken off with the trailer jack still down.

My first bone head was that I thought the hitch was tight on the ball. Pull out of the driveway, there was a 2 inch drop, and the trailer bounced off the ball. Good thing there were the safety chains.

Then this summer I was pulling the boat on I-94 west of the Twin Cities and everytime someone would go around me, they would point back. I kept checking the mirrors and couldn't see anything wrong. My wife and daughter were following in another vehicle and they never came around to tell me to stop. Pulled off at the Clearwater truck stop for gas and there was a bunch of cassette tape wrapped around the motor.

Where that came from, who knows

You dont want to know how many times i've done that.... ask john foster to give you at least 1 time LOL.

Jon,..that's hillarious!!....glad nothing was damaged other than your pride,.....but that will heal!!...atleast you gave those construction guys something to laugh about for awhile,.....good laughs have been hard to come by lately!

Thanks for sharing,....seeya!!

Mac

Been there....done that!! Har Har. Next door neighbor and I pulled out of the driveway and drove 120 miles to go fishin'. I'm glad it was still dark and there was no traffic!! Best part was that the cord was an old junker and my wife "HAD" to let me go buy a nice new one!! Even got one color matched to my boat!! Har Har!!

Todd C.

Latest posts

Back