Annual stress echo today!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Well, I had my annual stress echo to check the progression on the old ticker. At first I was a bit nervous since I went to a new doc and tech and they were all, "I can't believe you haven't had the surgery yet. A CO? What if you get punched in the chest, the valve could blow out." Etc, etc. But when I ran, I only fell 45 seconds short of last years run of 14+ minutes. Even the 20 something yr old tech can't go that long she said. And I still had some left in tank. Anyway, my heart still gets more effecient under exercise load and is the same it was last year. However, it's looking like I might shedule the surgery this fall. A lot depends on how my tourney season goes and what my schedule will be. But pretty much, I'm going to go under the knife within the next 8-9 months and get it over with. I'm hoping I'll get back to normal after that. Doc says since I'm in good shape, I should be back to 75% within 2 months (good enough to fish I hope) and 100% after 3 months (back to work without light duty).

Figures huh? Just when my tourneys are taking off and I'm qualifying for Nation Championships and maybe even the Forrest Wood Cup.....oh well. Things could be a lot worse.

And oh yeah, my show airs this Sunday at 12:30 I believe on the VS channel. The TBF national Championship presented by the National Guard. I have to work so I can't see it, but I'm supposed to get a copy of the DVD. Let me know what you guys think huh.....like I even have to ask!:D

Dude,...get your heart fixed!!! Your health is 1000x's more important than your hobby!!

Macky, you know me better than that by now. It ain't no hobby partner....it's my life. Without fishing, I might as well go to the hills and die. But I'm getting it fixed, dontcha fret none. I'm not giving those inmates or my local competition the satisfaction of kicking off earlier than the big guy has planned. Now watch get hit by a bus or something!:lol:

w/o a good ticker you got NUTTIN!! so keep your priorities in line........dat's all i'm sayin!!;)

Well if you cash out early I know I'll be taking care of Michelle for you buddy.;);)

rob thats BS man.....you have NOTHING if you do not have your health..no matter what you say to convince yourself....

You do nto want to have Michelle take care of you and to add insult to injury you can not fish.....

Good Luck Buddy. Now call me if they actually find you have a heart of any kind...LOL I had mine removed when I started out as a LEO. Made going to work so much easier!!!:D

Seriously...It is a priority. I know with my health issues I need to behave way better than I do and believe me, this is a conscious decision. I am trying and you should to... I want to watch my grandkids learn to fish...:wub:

I was wondering about your heart a while back when you were telling us of your high stress activities. Both my Mom and Mother in law have had open heart surgery the past month and are doing ok. They give you this little heart shaped pillow to squeese to your chest when you cough and for signatures. Maybe we can send in our signatures and someone there can sign them on it for us.

Take care

Mike G

aka

fatrap

Dude,....Nothing matters before your health. You've been dealing with your ticker like time is an endless commodity. Get it fixed up and fishing will still be here for you. You owe your family and the folks that really care about you that much! ;)

Latest posts

Back