Almost lost my trolling motor today!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGCBAG

Reaction score
I had to do some serious redneck ingenuity to install my trolling motor on my boat. I had to screw the mounting puck to a mounting plate with self tapping screws. It has worked well for two years. Last trip, I noticed that one screw had been stripped and was not holding. I took it out last night and put some lok-tite on it and thought it would hold for today. Well I was wrong. I was just drifting and fishing a narrow channel(it was very windy) Well nature call's, so I get ready to take care of business, and I start drifting towards the bank, so I use the remote control around my neck to give her a little shot to get back to the middle of the channel. Now I had just unzipped my drawer's and was getting ready to do my business, and the trolling motor let's loose!!!! Quoting Ron White " It fell off!!!! It fell the F*#K OFF!!!!! Thank God the plug caught it before it went into the water!!!! Now....I have my D*#K in my hand and my trolling motor is falling into the water! I almost soiled my drawer's!!! I have heard of stories like this, but never thought it would happen to me! Thank God my truck is alway's loaded with work tool's! I went back to the ramp and goy out my screw gun and moved the puck about a half in. forward and continued my day! Could have been a bad day. but it turned out to be a great day.Lady luck was on my side!

Wow that would of sucked if you lost it!! You need to bolt that bas boy Down or get the rubber lock things they worked well when I used it on my bass tracker

Did you catch any fish with your free hand??

fatrap

Caught a crappie the size of a dinner plate! Very thin though. Filled the livewell......Big mistake, because when I put a fish in the livewell, I never seem to catch any more fish to put in with it! I released it at the end of the day along with a couple of nice perch. Just not enough to clean!

Latest posts

Back