Almost bowled my first 300 today

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Rizza

Reaction score
I took up bowling about a year ago to take up my time between fishing and more fishing. Went today for a little practice as my Mon. night league has been off because of Christmas and New Years.

Struggled some in the first game, and finally found my line at the end of it. The second game I went first 8 strikes, 9 spare in the 9th frame, and struck out in the tenth.Ended up 279, my high game so far. One lousy pin kept me from my first perfect game, it was a solid hit, rocked the pin, but it wouldn't fall.:angry:

I had to tell the crowd that started to gather to keep talking as the silence was killing me.

Oh well, maybe next time.;) They say the first one is the hardest.

Steve

Nice game! I rolled a 289 but that was on my Wii Nintendo system. LOL

That was my high score also, haven't bowled in a few years now. Fishing takes up all my time. I started bowling at 10 yrs old and was in multiple leagues. I burned out on it in my late 20's. Great game though...except for that silly stickpin game they have up north!!:lol:

TOXICD

You tied my high score--congrats (for your own score not tying mine-:lol:). I was so nervous I couldn't stop shaking. I never knew what caused the pins to start falling for me and never topped more than 257 again. Good that you could be so calm; that will allow you to repeat such a high score and possibly hit that 300.

There always seems to be drinking involved when my family bowls. Maybe that's why I hardly break 100. Great game!

That's why I like bowling. Any sport you can do while drinking a beer is my kind of game.;)

Great game Steve, Congratulations.. I've never had any score close to that but then again to get a score that high while bowling Duckpins, or even Rubber Bellies, would be truly remarkable.:lol::lol:

Way to go my friend!

Uncle Billy

Congrats... Keep trying and you will make it...

Congrats! I too bowled ALOT as a kid and into my late 20's. I was doing it 4 or 5 times a week on cash leagues and making money at it. But then I bought a bass boat and didnt like to spend that much while having a boat payment....so I gave it up.

My high game was a 285. I had 17 stikes in a row over 2 games once....of course I used to work at a bowling alley in high school too. :)

Keep it up, the season is VERY long....lol

Mini

Latest posts

Back