Alarm

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Zuber

Reaction score
Greetings,

Did a weekend fishing trip in Northern Indiana.

It was quite cold...air temperature started in the low 30's and rose to the mid 40's, water temperature was 42...

I left the boat in the water saturday night.

Here's my question...

When I got going sunday morning, I got an alarm during the hole shot...If I would back off the throttle the alarm would stop...It did it most of the morning...Would run low to mid RPMs with no alarm - only would alarm on high RPMs.

Had plenty of oil in the tank.

I'm running a 2001 90hp merc.

Could the cold temps have caused the alarm? I was thinking the oil had to be pretty thick...

thanks!

az

Now, I don't want to scare you...But, get it checked professionally. I had the same problem...sorta...the alarm was intermittent and of very short duration...but the same timing...startup/holeshot and higher rpms. I needed a complete rebuild...$$$$...So, as I said get it checked.

Try some fun bass fishing qizzes and games at our club website.
http://www.nsbass.com

Andy does the alarm chirp or does it make the noise its is suppose to,i.e. constantly on-over heating or beeping- low oil.

Mine chirped on me till one day it came on and would not shut off. I thought I was over heating, but my water pressure guage showed 9 lbs and I had plenty of water coming out the pee hole. To make a long story short, the motor was fine, but the sensor in the oil reservior had shorted out. Had to have it replaced, but covered under warranty.

PS I have the same motor you do. hope this helps

It beeped...again, only under full throttle condition...

That's partly why I thought it might be due to the cold oil...not flowing well...

Water pressure and stream were fine...there's oil in the reservoir...

az

Latest posts

Back