Aftermarket Ptt

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ND Bass

Reaction score
Need some advice gents and ladies.

My father-in-law has a John boat with a 25hp merchandise w/elec start. He's getting arthritis pretty bad and now thinking of adding tilt/trim so he doesn't have to muscle the motor up and down. Any experience or suggestions on aftermarket units?

One qualification is that our can't add more length to the overall boat/motor/trailer because it just fits in his garage the way it is.

Thanks!

Got to thinking about it, that aftermarket part is quite expensive but here's a little know way to reduce the shock. Bass Pro Shops WILL do a 6 month pay plan of 6 equal installments off your credit card. Initially they charge 3 months (just to check your card is good), then return 2 months back within 10 days. BUT here's the trick - you HAVE to call to place the order and REQUEST the 6 month pay plan. Now it could hinge on whether or not you're a regular online customer (don't know that for sure, but I do buy big ticket items this way for years).

http://www.basspro.com/CMC-PT35-Tilt-and-Trim/product/16087/
CMC PT-35 Tilt and Trim

One thing to explore is that a number of the new trailers, has the "Folding Tongue" others can give you the correct name. Mine gives me an extra 2 to 3 feet of storage. I always pull the pin just in case someone breaks the hitch lock and attempts to drive off. The first left hand turn will be a disaster.
FYI, a spring type pad lock takes about 3 seconds to unlock.

Thanks for the tips guys. Ha....spell check! (Merc).

I told him he could cut out a slot in the garage door if he needs the extra length. He wasn't too keen on that idea.

I'll look into these and keep ideas coming.

Thabks!

If you have brakes on your trailer, let me know so I can send additional links for that application (since it will be different)

Got a swing away tongue on my tracker. That might be the solution. He's old skool and likes to tinker. All ideas welcome.

Fish on guys!

Just to echo the CNC tilt and trim. I put one on a 35HP Johnson for the same reason. I fish some swampy areas and had to run back and forth to raise and lower the motor. The CNC really works well and I got an unexpected bonus. Because it sets the motor back about 6 inches from the transom I gained bout 5 MPH by the "jack plate" effect plus being able to trim it out to ideal setting. The CNC is a heavy duty unit and will last the life on the motor or longer.

Latest posts

Back