Advice for running wire from console to rear transom on Zv19 Sport?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmer

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just ordered an iTroll throttle control for my kicker. I'm super excited for it to arrive and get it installed. I've not really looked yet how difficult it is going to be to run wiring from my console to the rear transom. Any/all advice, tips and tricks, etc are welcome!

I use what's called a fish pole: several fiberglass rods that screw together. You can get them at your local lumberyard such as home depot, lowes, or menards in the electrical department. The fishing pole gives me better control to push through tight or difficult areas instead of a fish tape.

Hi all,

Just thought I'd provide an update. I completed my project this weekend, but boy was it difficult on my Nitro ZV19 Sport Pro! Some notes and issues:

• There were a couple of exiting flexible tubing conduits. They were full and taped up. This wasn't a problem, I had access to the open gunnel space between the outer and inner hull.
  • I used a wire fish tool. I would not have been able to do the project without it.
  • There is good access in the rear of the boat - I was able to open up my battery and jump-seat compartments and gain access to underneath in order to pull wiring to my batteries and kicker motor.
  • Under the front console there were 2 fairly large holes for running wiring, just a couple of inches apart. The one towards the front had room to spare for more wiring, the one towards the rear was absolutely full. The problem I had was that I needed to run wire to towards the back of the boat using the foreword hole. As such I was dealing with an immediate right angle followed by a bunch of wiring in my way. It took numerous tries and lots of playing with wire fish angles to get it pulled through.
  • I unscrewed the throttle panel that had the connected throttle handles for both my main motor and my kicker. I wanted to pull the panel out for 2 reasons. First, it was a midway point down the side of the boat with a bunch of wiring I needed to get my wiring past. Second, the iTroll has an optional neutral safety switch that I purchased (key won't turn on if throttle isn't in neutral) for which you need access to the throttle wiring. This ended up being a huge issue. The factory wiring had virtually no slack so I couldn't pull the panel out far enough to get at the space or to even try to disconnect anything. This was a show stopper. I messed around with it for quite a while and couldn't get it pulled out, so I did not install the safety switch. I was able to use the open crack and a flashlight to be able to see the wire fish and maneuver around the existing wiring.

Good luck to others who perform similar work!

Latest posts

Back