Adjust the direction arrow on a Motorguide.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Lane

Reaction score
I have bought a new Motorguide Tour 54lb 12 volt and all is very good except for the direction arrow on the head does not line up with the motor direction. It is off at least 20 degrees to the right and I can't seem to find a way to adjust it. Nothing about this in the owners manual.

Anybody know the fix?

Thanks,

LT in Georgia

Good question! Mine isn't off that far, but I can't figure out how to adjust it either. I've learned to live with it, but would change it in a heartbeat if I knew how.

TJ

Hi, I have a older motorguide and theres a ring with 2 set screws on it to adlust the depth I adlusted the arrow that way. Hope this helps

See it the motor itself is just screwed on to the bottom of the shaft just like a pipe.If so u can just turn it to line up.

I was looking at the motor today and see there are 3 screws holding the head together. I have tried to find a parts exploded view for Motorguides with no luck. Seems to me if I were to remove the top half of the head (containing the arrow light assembly) I could simply turn the arrow to the proper position and re-attach The two halves. Of course without knowing what is inside there are no telling what all will "jump out" if I do! Anybody tried this?

LT

Kevin B,

Do you mean the set screws on the shaft about half way down to the motor? Lossen those and the shaft drops down from the connection with the arrow?

LT,

Take the 3 screws out for under the lid (top) of the trolling motor, pull the top off and re-align the arrow, or do what i do and just turn the thing (arrow) until it snaps into the next set of teeth on the drive gear.

Eric H.

Actually, if the Tour 54 is anything like the Tour 82, it will happen again in the future. These things aren't shipped from the factory like this, we're doing it accidentally. You will inevitably put your hand on the arrow as your pulling your MG up to motor off to another spot. As the prop housing rotates to sit down straight on the Gator mount, the Arrow indicator will not move from where you hand has inadvertently held it. Your back where you started... arrow pointing right, your bow's heading left, toward that stump you really weren't meaning to test that new Gator mount on. On the 82, the arrow will turn by hand, but only one way. It will just click all the way around until it's lined back up, done on the water in 5 seconds time. No disassembly required. It's set up on a system similar to the bezel of some diving and aviation wristwatches. This may be of absolutely no help to you since I don't have any experience with the Tour 54, but I wouldn't think it would be that much different than my 82. For what it's worth...

what septik just described matches my 67 as well...

Latest posts

Back