Abu Revo STX ?

• Thread starter XMYTRUCK XMYTRUCK [URL]http://I[/URL]
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XMYTRUCK XMYTRUCK

Reaction score
Hello

I got a question for any abu revo owners I bought an stx and used it for the first time yesterday great reel so far and it cast like a dream with no effort. But I had a hard time with the mechanical brake, most baitcasting reels you need adjust the brake by releasing the line with the lure attach and it suppose to drop slowly in the water. With the Revo I had the mechanical almost maxed out to achieve this, is the normal? The bait was a DT-6 which weights 3/8oz not a heavy lure by any means.

Thank you,

X

http://I

The Abu Revo has been a top selling reel, in every configuration. Several dealers can't keep them in stock - the minute some come in, they are gone. Good choice for a reel. I'm sure it will do you well.

On the braking issue - are you talking about the tension knob on the handle side of the reel, or the magnetic brake? If you are talking about the tension knob - no that shouldn't be right. I'd check the inside of the cap (take it off) to make sure you have the insert in there - don't know what Abu is using on their reels, as I haven't taken one apart, but most either use a little piece of brass or fiber in the inside of the reel tension knob for the spool shaft to butt up to. Other than that, couldnt' tell you.

I hope things work out for you. You might have just got one that the manufacturer "short shafted". :p Contact the store or manufacturer. I'm pretty sure that reel would have a warranty that covers it.

All the best,

Glenn

Hello

I was taking about the tension knob, I did take it apart last night to confrim that there are no missing parts and all the parts are accounted for. But there is tons for grease in there that could be causing this issue.

Thanks

X

Sometimes the little fiber or copper insert gets tighten down too tight and makes a dimple. Try popping it out and turning over and see if that doesn't help. Also, I wouldn't think it should be full of grease. I always put a drop of Hot Sauce on the insert that's all .

Harpo

Latest posts

Back