About to get real wet - no tourney for me on Saturday

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Texas Transplant

Reaction score
Well, we are about to get really wet here in the Carolina's. The front last night got us pretty good, and the rain being pushed north by Bonnie is coming today/tonight.

Then tomorrow (later in the day), we will start feeling the effects of Charley. Right now, the path of Charley would put it's center just about on top of the boat ramp at Bucksport (Waccamaw) around blast off Saturday.

Given that, I'm not in the habit of intentionally driving into trouble, so I won't be going. Last word from the tourney director (and his wife - who assists), is that the weather should pose no problem and the tournament will be fine.

Yeah. I'm going down to a sea level area where it is expected to rain 6-8-10 inches over the next 48-72 hours. And that's at a minimum.

I'm guessing that they will utimately reschedule it for next weekend, but who knows.

Lived too long on the Gulf Coast, experiencing all those Hurricane's and Tropical Storms and such.

Tex

Tex, I'm feelin it too buddy, I have one Saturday in NJ and if it's going to hit you it probably will hit us next. It's a Saturday afternoon tourney in a lake that I can't use my gas motor that is known to be windy! Is there any chance it going to move towards Texas?

I will be at the NJ shore next week, I hope it's all over by then.

Both look to be headed straight up the Eastern Seaboard, and not necissarily out to sea. Both will probably pull in moisture from the Atlantic.

Tex

UH MAN, I wonder if I can cancel my reservations for next week! We need more rain like another hole in the head!

But I'm with you, if the wind is bad on Saturday, I will have to cancel going to my tourney as well.

Ya'll be careful out dare... I got an evening T tonight but I'll see what the weather is gonna do... We should be alright here until Friday morning....Stay Safe!!....Bill

Bill,

I'm curious to know how the weather changing will impact the fish tonight in your area? Maybe it will cause them to go into a feeding frenzy!

I dang sure hope so!!!!lol.. I'll report back on teh results.....Didn't fare too well last night when I went out so we'll see if there's a difference...Bill

Tex, I live in Raleigh, NC and Bonnie is headed directly over us according to it's charted path. I think both Charley and Bonnie will be out of here by late Saturday so Sunday is the day I'm fishing. There might be a lot of logs floating around so everyone be careful if you venture out afterwords.....Al.

Back