A Rare Catch!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timothy Hanford

Reaction score
I was out fishing with my father-in-law Saturday. The fishing was pretty poor when I felt something different on the end of my line. I set the hook and "fought" it for a few minutes. To make a long story short, I "landed" a 7 foot, medium action St Croix Premier spinning rod with a Daiwa Regal Z spinning reel on it. SWEET!!

I took the reel apart tonight and there wasn't any dirt inside and only a drop or two of water. They coudn't have been in the lake more than a day or two.

It's my first rod/reel combo I landed and there was no release for this catch!

Good catch Tim. I have done that twice and both times the equipment was ruined. You must be living right.

See, I catch stuff I'm not allowed to post, and he gets a ST. CROIX!!!!! What is wrong with the world today? LOL

That's a nice catch indeed. I got a Fenwick HMG6'-6" ML with a Penn reel last year in deep water on a Jig & Pig. That combo wasn't in the water too long either and is now my new trout combo. Got a Mitchell 300 combo last year through the ice! We had tip ups set in the same area that I got the Fenwick/Penn and my bait snagged the rod. Never would have believed catching a combo through a 8" hole in the ice.

The reel is in great shape. I took it apart and there was no dirt inside and only a drop or two of water. The rod is drying and I'll be taking it out for a good test on Wednesday. How sweet it is!

Latest posts

Back