A little help from the "Michigan contingent"

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Zuber

Reaction score
Hey all!

In a few weeks I'm looking to head up to northern Michigan for some smallmouth/largemouth fishing...

Was considering the lakes south of Traverse City...have read many articles recently on the great smallmouth fishery and low fishing pressure...

Last year I went to the Mecosta area...

Anyone have any advice???

I'll have my 10 year-old bass fanatic son along...

thanks!

az

Hey Mac,

How are the smallies doing in Bower's harbor area in Travers Bay???

I was up near the Foote dam and Cooke dam last weekend...didn't fish but talked to several guys....smallie action was slow but they were hitting the bucketmouths drifting live (uggghhh) crawlers....

Andy, I have to tell you that one of the best lakes I ever fished was Mitchell Lake in Cadillac. Not only will you find big SM, you will find your fair share of LM. In 96' I won the 3 state Championship for TnT. Took home a boat thanks to Mitchell. I had 5 fish that weighed almost 21 lbs. I also caught a 6 lbs 3 ounce SM in practice that I have on the wall. We threw back so many 3.5 lbs fish, I can't even remember the count. Beware of the Pike though, they love your baits as much as the SM and LM do. If you want some tips on where to go on the lake, feel free to e-mail me, I have that lake dialed. Rip Some Lips, Rod

thanks for all the avice guys...

I wish I was leaving THIS week...

I might take you up on that offer Rod--

az

Latest posts

Back