A fond farewell

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
I know, you guys were hoping I was out of here. No such luck! No I just dropped of my boat last night for some off season work, winterizing and then ultimately STORAGE! I haven't even had in the water in over a month but I still hate putting it up until spring! In a months time it will take an auger to fish up here! Winter bites! Well, next year watch out, cause when the glass work is done, the ole girl is getting a hot foot, new electronics, and if funds prevail, hydraulic steering! Yup that's right, sex on wheels, or water that is. Gonna be one bad machine for an '89! And once that lower unit is done and my prop totally figured out by the shop I should finally top 60 mph! Not bad for a $6,500.00 boat everything said and done! See now, I'm getting myself all wound up again. Looks like another long winter of sitting in the barn in a cold boat, staring at photos of open water! OK, I'm done

Rob

I know how you feel. My boat is nestled away for the winter and we hit a heat wave. It was starting to get cool at night and the water temperature was around 55 and falling and time to put up the boat. But the weather changed. It's been in the 60's all week and tomorrow it will be 70 in my part of Kentucky. Just so I don't throw my karma out of sync I am not going to clean one reel, repair a single spinnerbait or change the hooks on a crankbait until it snows. I am never going to say it's too hot to fish again. I'm never going to quit fishing early. I'm never going to put my boat up before.....oh well I guess I might as well face it. Another season's over. I think I'll go rake some leafs. Hope your boat does 61 mph next spring.

i wont put it away/winterize it till the snow flies or the water gets hard,whichever occurs first!!

Back