998c HD si vs 999 ciHD si

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Johnson

Reaction score
what do I get for the extra 200.00 and what do I need to connect them to a 798 ci hd si ; I want to use the new auto chart Thanks for any info; Tom

what do I get for the extra 200.00 and what do I need to connect them to a 798 ci hd si ; I want to use the new auto chart Thanks for any info; Tom

The new 999ci HD SI has an internal GPS antenna, and requires an Ethernet adaptor just like the 798 does---AS EC QDE. Both have a quick disconnect feature with the cable collector.
It has a faster processor which looks like it produces sharper images according to the images I have seen posted.

The 898c HD SI has an external GPS antenna, a cabinet mounted Ethernet port which doesn't require the adaptor and it is now discontinued.

Then all you need is an Ethernet cable that is long enough to reach both units along the path that you run the cable.

Auto Chart is a Lakemaster software that any of the three units can read. Last I saw was sometime in March for release.

The new 999ci HD SI has an internal GPS antenna, and requires an Ethernet adaptor just like the 798 does---AS EC QDE. Both have a quick disconnect feature with the cable collector.
It has a faster processor which looks like it produces sharper images according to the images I have seen posted.

The 898c HD SI has an external GPS antenna, a cabinet mounted Ethernet port which doesn't require the adaptor and it is now discontinued.

Then all you need is an Ethernet cable that is long enough to reach both units along the path that you run the cable.

Auto Chart is a Lakemaster software that any of the three units can read. Last I saw was sometime in March for release.

Thanks Wayne I think I will go with the 999. that said I have one more ? does the KVD model offer anything more than red buttons and a tip's book both same price?

Thanks Wayne I think I will go with the 999. that said I have one more ? does the KVD model offer anything more than red buttons and a tip's book both same price?

It may include a DVD also, I don't remember. Yep same price.

Latest posts

Back