98 Nitro 640 LX

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Testy49

Reaction score
I have a 98 Nitro 640 lx. What is the largest motor I can use? This boat does not have the capacity, weight and maximum HP sticker. Does anyone know where I can find this info. I have called Nitro dealers and Tracker with no luck. I am looking to buy a new motor since this one is no good and would like to get the maximum for this boat.

After doing a little bit of research, I found that the max HP is 90. What engine does it currently have?

I have a 2004 640 LX that I bought this past spring. It came with a 90 hp on it. The boat is fast almost too much for it. It also has a manual jack plate that the motor is mounted center holes and we have to run the motor all the way up on the jack plate to prevent porpoising. It took us a couple of trips out to get it dialed in. But it is fun.

I have a 2004 640 LX that I bought this past spring. It came with a 90 hp on it. The boat is fast almost too much for it. It also has a manual jack plate that the motor is mounted center holes and we have to run the motor all the way up on the jack plate to prevent porpoising. It took us a couple of trips out to get it dialed in. But it is fun.
Is it a 4 or 2 stroke? Do you know the weight?

Is it a 4 or 2 stroke? Do you know the weight?
It’s a 2 stroke. The person before me put on an Evinrude Ocean Pro V4 90 hp. I don’t know weight of it, but seems heavy. I didn’t mention before but I also had to put a hydro foil on the motor as well, and that made the biggest help on getting the boat up on plane faster.

Yes I got the new engine put one. Thinking of making a trip to Florida to be able to use it. Just sitting in the garage looking pretty right now.

Not sure of your question. Testy and Testy49 are not the same I would say.
Not that I know of. Unless Testy is an older account that I could have started but I do not have any login info saved for it.

Latest posts

Back