94 merc wont run gauges dont work

• Thread starter robert e morgan
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robert e morgan

Reaction score
took boat to shop . motor cutting out , warning buzzer sounding . service people say its a lo -no oil warning switch under the oil tank , also had trim and tilt prob.

got boat wasant able to put on water after that .went to winterize trim problem fixed . however key on peep not working and no gauges engine wont crank . batterys are full charged and horn and lights and bilge and livewell pumps all work.

it is a 94 merc 60 hp. #oGo57761 can i fix this myself or do i have to take it back to them? its been at least 6 months since the repair and they charge big bucks .

Kill switch will still let your motor turn over but won't start. I would say master power or popped fuse. Connections on battery need to be checked, pulled off, cleaned and re-attached. Make sure battery is good as well.

TOXIC

thanks for the suggestions . have checked fuses ,cleaned battery terminals , and checked kill switch . i think i will have to take to a shop.

Try jumping the starter with a screw driver and see if it will crank.

update --- took back to shop Ozawkee Marine on perry lake . 1 min. diagnosis 5 min. fix . no charge . couldn't have been better. got it winterized before the rain .

Good to hear olefisherman. I love it when things are simple and you get good customer service. Now, if my snowblower would start......

Latest posts

Back