911 CDC

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 53214

Reaction score
Folks,

I currently have a 1995 Nitro 160TF Rick Clunn. It's been a great boat, I did make a small patch in the floor at the drain but that's it. Still runs and fishes great, everything still works expect speedo and it works when I clean the pickup. Anyway, I want to upgrade to a larger boat. I have a chance on a really good deal on a Nitro 911 CDC. I had not ever seen one but pretty unique. I have a friend with an Allison so not foreign to the console layout. Any comments or known issues with this model I should be aware of?

I have had a 2000 911CDC for the past 5 years. This is a fantastic fishing platform.

Pros:
  • Front and back fishing decks are like the decks of an air craft carrier. Extremely large and stable.
  • Tons of storage including rod lockers that will take 8 foot rods.
  • Seats 4 - not that you will do this often, but can be good for kids fishing.
  • You can talk to your fishing buddy when at speed - you are sitting a foot apart.
  • Center seating keeps you out of the splash more on choppy weather days.
  • Center seat make it easier to align when loading on trailer.
  • With a 225HP, top speed is around 65MPH fully loaded.

Cons:
  • This is a heavy boat (4,200 lbs+) on the trailer, without gear in it. Make sure you tow vehicle is rated accordingly.
  • Has a tendency to "slap" wakes from other boats rather than cut through them when at speed.
  • Not particularly fuel efficient - but comparable to other fiberglass non-center consoles of this size.
  • Livewell system is way over-engineered. Two valves and two pumps per livewell - total of six of each. But I think that may be standard on all Nitros of this age.
  • It has a 3rd livewell at the front. It is prone to getting full of water when you don't want it to, because it is below the waterline. Does not cause problems, but is annoying. I would suggest that you disconnect this from the through hull connections and use it for storage or a trash can.
  • Comes with a Motorguide (stock) trolling motor that works but is underpowered. Suggest upgrading to a 112lb Ultrexx.
  • Seats could be a whole lot more comfortable - then again this is a bass boat not a cruiser.

I hope this helps.

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I ended up passing on the boat. He told me on the phone it had a 225 efi. When I got there, it is a 225 Optimax that would not crank, and the trailer had some much more serious rust than I thought. I made him an offer on the boat with intentions to repower but he declined and says there's nothing wrong with the motor. I know older optimax and I'm sure there's something wrong with the motor.......

Thank you again. I did like the layout and I could see where walking around that center console would have some advantages.

You are welcome. Sorry it did not work out for you. I have rust in my trailer. Major pain to fix. Going to have to replace/weld the cross beams.:mad:

Latest posts

Back