700lx Hull Clearance....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeffrey Brown

Reaction score
I am looking at adding a seat post plate on the bottom of my 700lx, so I can put one of my fishing seats there so another person can ride along. Does anyone know how much clearance there is under the floor right at the front deck?

Do you mean directly in front of the middle storage box? There is a metal drain plate in between driver and passenger seat on the deck (I have a 2001 700LX so going off of where mine is located, basically if someone was sitting in between the seats, their feet would be right on top of the drain, at work so don't have any photos i could take...don't tell my boss :)). You can remove that plate and see how much clearance is between that and the hull.
I just recently cut out my deck an inch in front of the front seat post (13"x9.5", so a substantial hole, search my name on here, I only have posted a few times so should be easy to find the thread, I posted pics of that cut), nothing but hull at the bottom and no in between space. BUT, when I ran the drain tube for the Troll EZE foot control tray, I ran it through a hole i drilled the front (facing the bow/fore) of that storage wall and under the carpet,and to the factory drain in that middle storage which is at the base of the back wall (facing stern/aft). I would have to think there is some space between deck and hull, or the water would have nowhere to go between that storage box drain and the drain plate between the seats. Hope that isn't too confusing, but just did that work a few months back so I know the drain hose is in there so has to be space.

Yes that's exactly where I am looking at mounting. I hadn't thought about removing the drain, but I will. Thanks for your advice.

Latest posts

Back