700 lx transom defect

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 1998 nitro 700lx with a 2003 115 merc.I just had to have major transom work done.There was a breach between the deck and the hull due to a defect in mfg. and caused the wood in my transom too turn to mush (see photos).I had a marine surveyor complete a full report of this, provided for by Boat U.S. who is my insurer.I urge everyone with a 98 700lx to check their transoms.Rock your motor up and down and look for flexing.Thats what I did and thats how I found a potential life threatening defect.Tracker refuses to warranty this negligence even though it's a safety issue and this boat has already been replaced once under warranty.And by the way tracker only gives a 1 year warranty on replacement boats.I originally started out with a 1994 170tf which had a structural foaming defect and caused the bottom of the pad to crack.The 98 700lx was the warranty replacement.I will provide the surveyors report upon request as well as pictures.I hope this will save a life.
same thing happened on my 99 700 dx water came in from top of transom and turned the transom to mush good way to describe it

Latest posts

Back