482 Trailer Fender

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Allen

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of the insert that is attached to the inside fender to protect the hull when trailering? The previous owner of my boat must have for some odd reason removed them and I would like to make up and install a set?

I'm making a set for my boat right now,....use a piece of foam core or cardboard to make a pattern,...then lay it on a piece of 3/8 or 1/2" thk "starboard" (the same stuff they use for making cutting boards)....cut out the 2 semi circle pieces and voila...fender liners that will last longer than your trailer!! Tape them in place then drill the attachment holes using the original holes in the fender as your location. Countersink each hole on the outside of the boards, and then attach each board with SS flat head machine screws and nylon lock nuts. You can use Krylon spray paint on the starboard too or just leave it white (or black, if you buy the black colored board)...it's barely noticeable and you'll never have to replace them again...great stuff. :rolleyes:
http://www.boatoutfitters.com/king-starboard-cut-to-size.html?gclid=CL2-7dOz4bYCFbOHMgodKC8A9w

I better call Mark Miller of PolyFab Plastics....

So Mac can resume "making a set"

Don't call him Mini,....I'm making my own....you told me you were too busy...:cool:

Thank you very much Mac. I ended up using Polyethelene board which I covered in black marine carpet. The look stock and work well too.

Latest posts

Back