36V Battery Configuration

• Thread starter Christopher Laurencio
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christopher Laurencio

Reaction score
In a 36V Battery Config. would one or some batteries get drained or or work harder than another in the 3 battery system?

Maybe the middle one would be worked less than the positive end battery?

In theory no because in a series configuration the current draw across all three batteries should be equal.

in the real world one battery might be drained a little more because every battery is a little different in regards to capacity.

I had one battery @ only 2 volts, and the TM was spinning really slow, I changed that battery now, but I fear I have cooked the batts, I kept them plugged into the Guest charger all winter long!!

If the plates are exposed or dry, the battery is trash? correct

Yea if the plates are totally dry the battery is junk. Any time you expose the plates you shorten the life of the battery. The guest shouldnt overcharge but you will need to check the water in them because then the charger does run it can boil off some of the water.

Personally i like to buy my batteries as a set. Over the years i have got the best performance from they that way. ONe really ole one and one brand new one never seem to work well together.

When i got my Trojan battes they take it one step further, they sell them as matched sets. There are codes on the batteries that match up ones that are close in resistance so they perform at thier best as a set.

Everybody is right to a point, Sparkie has touched on the number 1 reason most seasonal batteries fail, they freeze from not being used, leaving the charger on cures that by keeping the batteries active. 1 bad battery will suck the life out of the others, yes you must check the water level, water evaporates? I will have to replace the battery in my lawn tractor this year and it's only 10 years old. Climate, maint, usage all play a key part in the life of a lead acid battery. THE BEST THING I can tell you, if the battery is dry, or smells like rotten eggs. BE VERY carefull you are now working with a small bomb, the gasses are VERY explosive. If you have never seen a battery explode be thankfull, it may not kill you but if there is any acid left inside you may wish it did. I know I got way off subject and Sorry about that.

BF

I have seen them explode.....thank god I was wearing glass lens sunglasses!

Mini

Latest posts

Back