3 strand SS wire - for weedguards

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Hanford

Reaction score
I make my own tube jig heads using Mustad Ultra Point black nickel hooks. I've been playing around making weedless tube jig heads. Modified my molds and tried various types of leader wire but they stink for weedguards.

I'm trying to locate a supplier for small diameter, 3 strand, stainless steel wire. This wire is used on Laketown and Arkie weedless tube heads. The only place I can find it is an orthodontic supply shop and their price is too expensive for this purpose.

Does anyone know where to find this particular wire?

Thanks!

Tim

I don't know where to find the wire your talking about but have you tried spinnerbait wire? A friend of mine used it and it seemed to work ok.

Just a suggestion.

He liked to stick it up high then curve it back a little as to not stick a lip but it will still roll off stuff.

Charlie

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried spinnerbait wire and did not care for it. Small diameter single strand ss wire is OK but the 3 strand is the real deal for river fishing, which is 99$ of my fishing here in PA.

Tim, maybe this mfg. might be able to help you. They manufacture wire rope (various types of cables) in my area.

NELSON WIRE ROPE CORP.

(215) 721-9333 FAX (215) 721-0887

Check at a welding supply co. you can get small spools of.035 308 wire. call around for prices . KB

The search is over. A friend of mine was able to determine that what I am looking for is .025 aircraft safety cable.

Back