3 bank battery charger

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gene` Zartman

Reaction score
Have nitro nx750 2005 I bought used last spring in near new condition. The origonal charger was replaced with a cabelas 20 amp triple bank charger before I bought it. The system has no indicators (meters lights) to indicate battery condition.

This my first boat and I do not understand the 3 bank system. Need help! Are there (meters/gauges) I can buy and install to monitor all 3 batteries charge rate, charge status and rate of use?

Thank You in advance! Gene

20 amps per bank is respectable. But like you, I want to know what is going on with my batteries. There are a couple of ways you can go. One is to talk with the guys at Stealth about their gauge. They'll probably talk you into buying their DC pack (which I think is a great product). The gauge that comes with it is basically a digital voltage gauge that mounts in the dash in place of your analogue gauge. You could install a three-way toggle switch and have continual access to your battery voltage of each bank. The cheaper way is to go down to Radio Shack and buy a digital voltage meter and just check them before you head out. I have a little jon boat with a dual bank on board charger that has no indicator lights. I've burned up batteries before and don't know if it was my fault for not keeping a close eye on the water levels or if the charger never kicked into trickle mode. But for over three years now, I've solved the problem on the current set of batteries by plugging in the charger overnight AFTER fishing and plugging it in the night BEFORE fishing. The rest of the time it's unplugged. I check them monthly now as I don't use that boat as much and so far, so good. Hope that helps.

Dual Pro has a three bank battery indicator panel that has a lead that goes to each battery and indicates charge level with red and green led lights. I mounted mine next to the plug-in for my charger on the back deck.

http://www.dualpro.com/products/accessories/

Latest posts

Back