2nd time to change out 115 trim assembly

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Finman55

Reaction score
I bought new a 2015 V175 Pro Guide Combo. Within the first year the dealer had to change out the trim assembly on the Merc 115. The motor now starts to hang up when I’m trying to bring it back down from trimming it out. The dealer now says the trim assembly needs to be replaced once again on my dime. The part is over $1,100 bucks plus labor. The motor has less than 60 hours on it. Has anyone else experienced with this reoccurring issue?

check the ground connections on the relays . had the same problem, after replacing relays there was no improvement. found that the grounds where the mounting screws attach are a poor design. if I remember I added a small washer where the ground contact was supposed to make contact. no more problem. easy way to check, remove the mounting screw, and use a jumper to make a solid ground. if the trim works have the found the problem.

It hangs up, the motor is still running though. They also found water in the hydraulic oil. I went ahead & had them replace it but it hit the pocket book hard.

Latest posts

Back