2022 z19 sport hard steering

Nitro & Tracker Boat Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro & Tracker Boat Owners Forum:

Jbm78

Reaction score
Hey guys I’m new here and also a new boat owner. I have a 2022 Nitro z19 sport with a Mercury pro xs 200 on it. Well I took it out today to break in the motor. Well I had an experienced boater to help me out today as well. But we noticed when we were driving the boat the steering was extremely hard to the left it took 2 hands to make a turn. The steering to the right was one hand very easy and smooth. It might of got a little easier when you raise the motor up but not much too notice. The only time is got easier was at very slow speeds 10mph. Do you guys know what the problem could be? Thank you very mich

DONAOL

Reaction score
Have the 2021 Nitro Z19 Sport since May 21. The steering turns easy at faster speeds and firm at lower speeds. Call dealer or better yet email service center. You want to document all problems so they can get fixed under warranty. If you make adjustments on your own you may void your warranty.

Fro

Reaction score
My ‘20 model doesn’t steer like that. Sounds like a trip to the dealer for some adjustments are in your future.

8pt172

Reaction score
My ‘20 model doesn’t steer like that. Sounds like a trip to the dealer for some adjustments are in your future.
I was told when I purchased my boat if the steering gets stiff, need to bleed the Line for air. It could also be low in power steering fluid from the factory

OldDude

Reaction score
My 2008 189 sport (same boat just older) does the same thing until its trimmed. The more weight in the boat the worse it is. Mine almost turns right by itself until on plane.

Latest posts