2022 tracker v 19 wt efi Prokicker installation

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walkerk1

Reaction score
have any one ever installed a efi prokicker in a 2022 tracker targa v 19 wt , i will start the installation soon and had a few questions
1. will it operate properly if i tee into the main fuel line which is a 225 hp pro xs with dts or do i need to tie directly in to the fuel tank .
2. do i need to remove the rear stern covering to make any of the the connections such as the fuel line, t&s cables, ignition harness or can they be fished around the starboard side of the boat .

when i purchased the boat in january 2022 , the only option for a prokicker that was offered was the carbureted version which i did not want, so i did not order it. if any one have any usefull suggestions on what i can expect once i start the installation process i would very much appreciate it, i will also keep everyone posted on the progress of the installation, thanks

I'm going to let the dealer do it. It takes them about a day and a half to do one and they do them a lot. I watched them for a bit as I was waiting to do my dealer walk through on my boat. They where installing one on my boats twin and it looked intense.

I started the installation yesterday and so far, so good, you do not have to pull the floor up to connect to anything, that's (a relief) I had to remove the starboard side shifter panel to gain excess to the area where I needed to work , there is a rigging tube at the rear of the boat , that's already set up to receive the cables and harness , so I used a fish tape to try and pull them through , I tried to improvise by using a tube sock on the end of the harness and cables, and then cable ties to secure the end of the harness, and cables in place, but it kept getting hung up , there is a special tool for this
(91-888462A1) it supposed to make the job easier. I ordered one at a cost of 58.00 dollars through amazon so when it arrive, I will get back on the job. it takes a little patience to fish the fish tape through the rigging tube from the rear to the front, but any mechanically inclined person should be able to do it. also, the holes that are needed to mount the remote control and the ignition switch are already in the side panel they are covered up by the vinyl. the next time I will post pictures as I go along, I'm only doing a little at a time as the weather permit.

I thought I might be able to save myself some money by doing the job myself. but so far, I have not come out ahead, I'm out of about 4600 so far, which includes the 15 hp efi Pro kicker, the wiring harness, ignition switch, throttle and shift cables, and the remote control all of which are mercury or quicksilver parts. if you don't mind the carbureted Pro kicker that tracker offer you probably would come out ahead by ordering it with the boat, but even though I have not come out ahead I do have the satisfaction of the having it set up the way I want. I hope to be finished by the first of march if the weather holds up and there's not much ice that's when I plan to start fishing. happy boating.

Latest posts

Back