2021 Z19 Pro

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We got our Z19 Pro on Oct 7, 2020. I ordered custom Red, White and Blue colors, my third boat with that combination. The boat is powered by Mercury Pro XS 200 4 stroke, 23 p Fury prop, 10 inch manual jack plate set 3.5" PTP. It has the passenger console, tackle management system, I have removed the rod tubes but kept the back part of the rod rack. It has an Ultex 80, 45" shaft. It came with 2 Humminbird Helix G3N units, I have added a 10" G4N at the bow. Little extras are, auot bilge pump, driver side cleat and X-grip phone holder. It also has Mercury Vessel View. Mods I have done are the Bass Boat Technologies bow dual graph mount, remote drain plug, and installed a Loc-R-Bar. I added a velco strap on the passenger rod ramp and removed the useless bungee that came with the boat. I put back-up lights on the trailer, I replaced the diamond plate step on the fenders with rubber. I also installed DEXTER E-Z Flex® Tandem Equalizer Suspension Kit #K71-652-06. It has reduced the tandem trailer clunks and creaks and also tows so smoothly. We are loving the boat, have over 70 hours on the Mercury so far and hundreds of hours on the Ultrex and Humminbirds. My only issue so far is the gas gauge gets stuck at just under 3/4 of a tank. I have been using Vessel View to keep track of my gas. I will have the dealer address that when I take it in for 100 hour service. Here are some pictures when we picked up, maiden voyage and some of my mods.

Attachments

• Boat at BPS.jpg
    Boat at BPS.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 100
  • Maiden voyage with Kate.jpg
    Maiden voyage with Kate.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 105
  • First Fish in Nitro.jpg
    First Fish in Nitro.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 102
  • Nitro comes home.jpg
    Nitro comes home.jpg
    507.9 KB · Views: 103
  • Dual Graph mount.jpg
    Dual Graph mount.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 113
  • EZ Flex.jpg
    EZ Flex.jpg
    433.1 KB · Views: 115
  • LocRBar2.jpg
    LocRBar2.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 116
  • Remote Drain Plug.jpg
    Remote Drain Plug.jpg
    355.1 KB · Views: 108
  • rod strap 3.jpg
    rod strap 3.jpg
    310.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Rubber Fender Top.jpg
    Rubber Fender Top.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 94
I too have a 2020 Z19. Curious about removing the rod tubes and the adding of the auto bilge pump. How difficult was adding the Dexter kit?

Removing the rod tubes was easy, just removed 2 or 3 screws and pull it out. I keep my rods in sleeves when in the locker. Makes a lot more room. The auto bilge pump was factory installed. The Dexter kit was done in an afternoon. I had some help on the the first side and learned a lot, did the second side by my self in a lot less time. Best advice I can offer is lift the whole trailer on jack stands and have two jacks to control the axles. Then start on the outside bushings and bolts first. Doing the middle first makes it very hard to get the end bolts aligned. Brings on lot of sweating and cussing.

Removing the rod tubes and rear landing for rods was one of the best improvement I've made in a while... It's amazing how much more room you haver without this hardware. I started using the individual rod socks years ago and that is so much easier to deal will than the tubes..

Latest posts

Back