2021 Tracker Targa V19 Combo Tournament Edition Updated Problem List

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 53552

Reaction score
Thought I would post an end of season update on my new boat purchased this spring. What is a good contact to send my list to for warranty work? Going to my dealer in the next few days and so far my only warranty claim fo a new transducer mount has not been reimbursed. I will try to make the list in order of importance.
1. Trim gauge has not worked since day one
2. Water standing in the center forward compartment below the rod storage locker, needs a drain hole.
3. Stereo appears to not have an antenna hooked up, will not pick up any AM or FM stations, works well when Bluetooth to your phone.
4. Seat back screws falling out, drivers seat needs repaired. I fixed two of the fishing seats myself.
5. Carpet coming off the back jump seat, bare aluminum showing through and digging into my floor.
6. Transducer mount that will not stay locked down above 35 mph, boat will run about 52mph. Different mount or different location?
7. Boat built for kicker motor, no kicker motor as part of my order! Extra tie down on back of boat and kicker motor control boot in the motor well with no wires or cables, just an extra hole for water to come in, needs covered!
8. Throttle control extremely touchy, needs tension adjustment.

Problems adjusted or repaired by me already.
1. Bent side plate on boarding ladder platform, rubber mallet adjustment.
2. Bimini top brace pole brackets have set screws in plastic, would not stay in place. Adjusted and pop riveted in place.
3. Bearing buddy rubber seal plug had extra chunk on seal not trimmed off, did not fit correctly. Trimmed and fitted correctly.
4. Ski tow pole would not fit, adjusted mount for proper fit.
5. Seat and seat bases screws coming loose, tightened multiple times.
6. Repaired driver foot panel door, bent hinge and stripped screws.
7. Installed two new thru bolts on fuse panel. Held in place by two sheet metal screws, one of which just pulled out of the sheet metal leaving it dangling and bouncing around in the compartmen.

Overall the boat is fantastic, like trading your flip phone for the newest IPhone, just a little disappointed in the lack of attention to detail. Really didn’t like the thought of losing the fishing and boating season while the boat sat at a dealership for repairs. That is why I did so many fixes myself. Now if I could just get these other things taken care of I will be ready for Spring! Thanks for letting me vent!

Just saw this report on your boat problems. Wish I had seen it before I got my Nitro Z19 Sport in the first week May 2021. I to had too many problems with poor factory workmanship with my boat. Some were fixed by Tracker Marine and some fixed by me. My Tracker Marine service center can only fix the damaged part if given replacement parts and it seems that Nitro and White River Marine are not giving them the parts they need to fix my boat. The local Tracker Marine service center has been very helpful. Still waiting to have a damaged dash, bimini frame, rusting stainless steel prop, rusting trailer. Very disappointed in Nitro's and White River marines lack of care to get things fixed. Update: Tracker Marine service center manager got me a replacement dash. He has it in storage at the shop and will replace the dash in the spring.

Attachments

• Hole in Dash 1.JPG
    Hole in Dash 1.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 26
  • NITRO TRAILER RUST 1.JPG
    NITRO TRAILER RUST 1.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 24
  • NITRO TRAILER RUST-BOLTS-2.JPG
    NITRO TRAILER RUST-BOLTS-2.JPG
    149 KB · Views: 28
  • Z19 Bad Gel Coat.JPG
    Z19 Bad Gel Coat.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Dash.JPG
    Dash.JPG
    125.9 KB · Views: 35
Got an early Christmas miracle. Took the boat in for it’s first service and relayed my list of things that needed attention. My selling dealer, Port of Jasper in Jasper, IN had all my problems fixed and my service done in a week! Now I am just itching for Spring to arrive. Just thought it might be nice to post some good news!

Glad to hear you dealer stepped up to the plate and was able to fix all you problems this fall. I'm in a holding pattern until spring because my boats in storage now.

The gas gauge on my 2021 Z19 works fine until it gets down to just above 1/2 tank, then that's as far down as it goes. With a 50 gallon tank I have run it down to less than 10 gallons but it still shows 1/2 a tank. I pulled the sending unit and can move the float ring up and down and the gauges shows the full range from full to empty. Not sure what to do about it. Dealer looked at it and got the same results I did. I use my Vessel View mobile to keep track of my fuel. At least that works as it should.

Any problems with the gas gauge? On my V19, I can go through 15 gallons of gas before the gas gauge starts to move off of full.
Now that you mentioned it. I was wondering why I had more gas in the tank after running the boat, but figured I must have put more into the tank than I remembered. Will have to keep a eye on it next year. Also just picked up VesselView on sale at BPS so will have to set that up to track gas usage.

I haven’t had a boat that gave an accurate fuel gauge reading. But I don’t make any long runs over a number of days. With a 47 gallon tank I just fill it up before a big fishing trip and don’t worry about it. I have noticed that the reading I get in the driveway changes when the boat is in the water.

Thanks for the reply. I was debating taking back to the dealer. I was going to check it myself but it looks like you have to remove some of the decking to get to it. I also have vesselview as a backup. We go out on Lake Tahoe a lot, so if we are out all day, you can go through a lot of fuel. And there is not that many on the lake gas stations besides their outrageous cost. The first real trip out on Tahoe after break in, we started with a full tank. Was out all day and thought boy I really get great gas mileage. Still had 3/4 of a tank. Went out to a smaller lake without topping tank. At end of day reading was a little over half. Topped off tank and I was shocked. It took 32 gallons. Installed VesselView after that but wasn’t for that sole purpose. This is our fifth boat and the other 4 always had pretty accurate gauges.

I've only had one issue since I purchased my boat....The fuel filler cap cover housing broke due to poor installation at the factory. It was replaced under warranty with no issue. The boat..Pro Guide V16 WT, motor 75 Mercury, and the trailer have been perfect. The BPS shop at Tampa Fla have been great!

Thanks for the reply. I was debating taking back to the dealer. I was going to check it myself but it looks like you have to remove some of the decking to get to it. I also have vesselview as a backup. We go out on Lake Tahoe a lot, so if we are out all day, you can go through a lot of fuel. And there is not that many on the lake gas stations besides their outrageous cost. The first real trip out on Tahoe after break in, we started with a full tank. Was out all day and thought boy I really get great gas mileage. Still had 3/4 of a tank. Went out to a smaller lake without topping tank. At end of day reading was a little over half. Topped off tank and I was shocked. It took 32 gallons. Installed VesselView after that but wasn’t for that sole purpose. This is our fifth boat and the other 4 always had pretty accurate gauges.
If it's still under warranty take it back to the dealer. If you work on it and can't fix it you may void the warranty.

Got an early Christmas miracle. Took the boat in for it’s first service and relayed my list of things that needed attention. My selling dealer, Port of Jasper in Jasper, IN had all my problems fixed and my service done in a week! Now I am just itching for Spring to arrive. Just thought it might be nice to post some good news!
What did they do about the Transducer flipping out of place? I have the same problem. If they put a new mount on it, what did they use?

Please post a picture of your transducer and mount, sounds like the transducer is mounted too low.

Sorry, I haven’t logged in for awhile. The transducer mount was not something they addressed. I truthfully was just so tickled that the other problems were taken care of that I forgot about it. Logged in today to see if anyone had any thoughts on that issue. They also didn’t reimburse me for the first broken one that I replaced. Going to post a new thread to get some opinions on going to a metal mount or just changing location.

Not sure what fish finder you have but my Lowrance came with a metal bracket and I never had a problem.

Attachments

• FC2D4E02-E1DF-41C3-848D-55907CDF88A7.jpeg
    FC2D4E02-E1DF-41C3-848D-55907CDF88A7.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 16
I attached a picture to another post. It seems that yours is in the same approximate position as mine. Mine is a shorter, blockier transducer for a Humminbird Helix 7. They make a metal mount that I am considering using this year. Thanks

2022 Z20. Numerous issues from the factory, including a void in the hull in the stern. 6 weeks later, and several fixes for issues I got tired of fixing myself, and I may actually get to fish in March.

Latest posts

Back