2020 Z19 Pro

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Idriller

Reaction score
2020 Z19 Pro. Upgrade since purchase, 10’ talons, BBT dual graph mount at console, remote drain plug, Dura safe locks on graphs, trolling motor and tongue. Planned upgrades include, Mega 360, seadek padding on top of fenders, auto bilge, gorilla hull and tuff bunk boards. Repairs needed since purchase in June of 2020. Trim motor and pump assy due to leaking down, replace vortex hub due to hub slinging grease and Ultrex trolling motor due to faulty circuit board in foot contol.
4B0D34DB-E934-4C64-902C-FBC03198B526.jpeg
6DEB3D13-B86F-48A7-90BF-3D28A71925F3.jpeg
523D2C5B-B310-4FCD-83B1-11BE9FBF9ED1.jpeg

Attachments

• 04745194-27F4-4B76-B10B-A2EA0AE4DBE1.jpeg
    04745194-27F4-4B76-B10B-A2EA0AE4DBE1.jpeg
    454.8 KB · Views: 21
I was checking out the brackets that hold your Talons. Are those a special type of bracket, or do all Talons have that style? They are really nice looking. Very nice looking boat too!

They actually have two styles but they basically look alike I believe. One bolts onto the side of your jack plate and the other bolts onto between the motor and transom. Mine bolt onto the side of the jack plate.

Idriller,
I was reading about the trouble you had with one of your vortex hubs slinging grease. What was the cause? I just installed the vortex hubs on the two front wheels and have not had a change to run a long haul yet. I am getting ready to make a run to Michigan about 1200 miles for some small mouth on Lake St. Clare.

Idriller,
I was reading about the trouble you had with one of your vortex hubs slinging grease. What was the cause? I just installed the vortex hubs on the two front wheels and have not had a change to run a long haul yet. I am getting ready to make a run to Michigan about 1200 miles for some small mouth on Lake St. Clare.
The starboard rear hub was slinging grease out of the back of the hub. Couldn’t really see it until you launched the boat. Grease would be all over the backside of the brake rotor and the inward side of the rim and tire. Shop never really stated what the problem was but they replaced both hubs on that axle. I’m assuming it was seal related. No problems since then and it has several hundred miles on it.
Chris

Well I am back and after 3500 miles 0 problems with the trailer or boat. The first run was about 8 hours before we stopped got out and touched the hubs and they were not even warm, WOW !

Latest posts

Back