2020 Tracker Targa V19 kicker question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sie805

Reaction score
Hello all,
I recently purchased a new Targa V19 Combo Tournament edition with an upgraded 200HP Mercury Pro with DTS. I also ordered a 9.9 Mercury Pro and the DTS (Digital Throttle and Steer) mounting kit when I ordered the boat. Long story short, I'm still waiting on the kicker motor with DTS from BassPro. I contacted another Tracker dealer and they said that DTS wasn't available on a 9.9 kicker. Tracker's website/ build out page has an option that says "Remote Kicker motor shifter w/DTS rigging & power steering (price shown does not include freight & dealer installation)." Has anyone purchased this option and if so can you explain how the controller is? According to BassPro, its a single controller that controls each motor with just a flip of a switch. Thanks in advanced.

I had my 2019 Targa with the 200 Pro DTS rigged with a 9.9 pro and the kicker did not have DTS, they gave me the same explanation. They installed a wiring harness and rigging that connects the two and what i have researched and checked is that harness applies electrical power to the power steering automatically depending on which motor is running. As for the rigging it is a bracket that attaches to the power steering cylinder on the big motor allowing a rod to be connected to the 9.9.

BassPro/ Tracker sales have some serious problems. The boat is great. I just got the boat back last night from the kicker motor install. They are refunding my $1,800 because they sold me the DTS option for the kicker that I didn't need (Because DTS isn't available on the 9.9). Also it is not all included on one controller. The kicker is on a separate controller right behind the primary controller.

Yeah I forgot to mention that I have a separate controller. It works pretty good. I have thought about putting an electronic throttle control on the kicker as the cables kind of stick at times($400).

Latest posts

Back