2018 Z18

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim_C

Reaction score
Powered by a 2017 175 HP 2-stroke OptiMax Merc. turning a 25P Fury prop.
I Have Helix 9's up front and at console. Std. Hook5 in dash
I added a Trick Step and Vessel View Mobile.
I am currently installing a 112lb Ultrex and 36V Lithium battery.
smaller size Boat.jpg

Trick Step Z18.jpg

Good looking boat. The Ultrex will change the way you fish, you'll love it. Unless you fish a lot of weeds, wind or current the 36v might be overkill on an 18' boat. I had one on an 18' Stratos and now on our Z19 the 24v is plenty. Your mileage may vary of course.

I have the Minn Kota Ultrex 112 thrust I-Pilot spot lock on my Z20. I have the Helix 9"DI Gen 3 on the front and I am waiting on a backordered Mega 360, it's been on backorder for 3 - 4 I ordered it through the Humminbird site. I am looking forward to the 360.
I agree with Pat, I do fish a lot of weeds and pads on the Harris Chain. I was considering the 36v Lithium system but I agree it could be overkill even on my Z20. The biggest advantage I see is less weight especially with the 2 - 10' Talon system I have. I am still tinkering with the chine walk. Balancing weight and hydraulic jack plate adjustment it kicks in at 68 mph.

I'm a big fan of volt trolling motors, not for the 112 lbs thrush, but for the 36 volt longevity of it. Used to fish 2 or 3 day tournament plus pre fishing. By the end of the day the 24 volt batteries (series 31 AGM) are wore down, where the 36 system is sill going strong. Let alone the possibility of problems with recharging batteries due to electrical problems beyond your control. The new lithium ion batteries can be a game changer, but have not used them at this time.
Even now i miss the 36 volt systems when just down to the lake for a week.

Latest posts

Back