2018 Pro Guide V 175 Combo Prop Testing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well its May 20 , and still waiting for the boat dealer , they called last week and said they tried installing the camper top but Tracker sent the wrong size :-( still waiting to bring it home. Mechanic said he tried out the 15p x7 prop and got 40mph but only 5400 rpm .....That means with a full tank of gas and fat me and a friend rpm could be low as 5000 wot....i hope not !! just guessing hoping for the best.

Well the best I could do with the spitfire 13.5 x 15p x7 was 38mph and a max rpm 5500. The spitfire x7 14 x 13p produced 35.5 mph with a rpm 5850 better hole shot but lost 2.5 mph . So after doing more testing it seem the 13p is better on the boat because when i added two more people or 370lbs my speed and rpm stayed the same.I can live with 35 mph after all it's a fishing boat.

Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 5.39.12 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 5.39.37 PM.png

I have a 2018 V175 came with the 17 pitch prop and could only get 31 mph at 5200 rpm. Put on a 15 pitch and get 33 mph at 6000 rpm. I get the rpm i want but not any more top end speed to speak of. I want to try a 4 blade 15 pitch to see if i can get a few more mph, plus better plane without so much side spray. I am getting side spray perpendicular to the drivers seat which tells me I am not fully on plane even though I am trimmed out fully. Any input would be welcomed............happy boating.

I have a 2014 pro guide v175 sc, with a 2014 Merc 115 4 stroke. I have a solas stainless 17p 3 blade and am hitting 6000+ with 2 people. I get 37-41 mph depending on water and load. I tend to keep it at 5k or so for cruising. I'm looking for a prop that will max at 5500 rpms or so, so I figure I'll need to go 19p.

For the guy who can't get a 17 pitch to spin fast enough, look at the bottom of the hull. Granted, my rig is lighter without the wr windshield and such, but you may have some dents in the bottom of the hull or perhaps a transducer is way too low or something.

If any of you are near memphis or Greer's Ferry Lake, I'd be happy to do some prop swapping to try different options.

Well the best I could do with the spitfire 13.5 x 15p x7 was 38mph and a max rpm 5500. The spitfire x7 14 x 13p produced 35.5 mph with a rpm 5850 better hole shot but lost 2.5 mph . So after doing more testing it seem the 13p is better on the boat because when i added two more people or 370lbs my speed and rpm stayed the same.I can live with 35 mph after all it's a fishing boat.

Wait, that's on a 90hp? Well done!

I just joined here as I am needing to replace my factory prop. 2018 175 SC with the 115 4 stroke. I can run WOT with just me (230lbs) loaded at 39mph and 5500-5600rpm. Has the factory 3 blade 17P prop. Fish with 2 or 3 people. I am not unhappy with the performance but, if I can make it a little better..I will.

I have been reading a lot of posts so if anyone can help direct me to a good option...Id appreciate it.

I don't think you're going to get much better. I have the v-19 which is a very similar boat with a 200hp Merc ProXS and I only get 50 MPH on a good day with good water at about 5800 RPM.

I just joined here as I am needing to replace my factory prop. 2018 175 SC with the 115 4 stroke. I can run WOT with just me (230lbs) loaded at 39mph and 5500-5600rpm. Has the factory 3 blade 17P prop. Fish with 2 or 3 people. I am not unhappy with the performance but, if I can make it a little better..I will.

I have been reading a lot of posts so if anyone can help direct me to a good option...Id appreciate it.
Read through this thread. Get a 4 blade 17p

What is the factory 3 blade prop? What is your elevation (from sea level)? I assume you're referring to the ProGuide v175. I have a 2014 with the 115 4 stroke. I'm about 330' above sea level and get up to 41mph under ideal conditions with a Solis 3 blade 17p running close to 6000 rpms. I'm seriously considering getting a 19p to see if I can get the RPMs down just a bit and perhaps pick up some speed. But 39-40 mph is pretty good from my experience. The good news is that the speed seems to be about the same whether it's just me or if I add another 500 pounds.

I suspect you have an aluminum prop and you can get a tad more speed out of a stainless prop as they don't have as much flex in the blades.

What is the factory 3 blade prop? What is your elevation (from sea level)? I assume you're referring to the ProGuide v175. I have a 2014 with the 115 4 stroke. I'm about 330' above sea level and get up to 41mph under ideal conditions with a Solis 3 blade 17p running close to 6000 rpms. I'm seriously considering getting a 19p to see if I can get the RPMs down just a bit and perhaps pick up some speed. But 39-40 mph is pretty good from my experience. The good news is that the speed seems to be about the same whether it's just me or if I add another 500 pounds.

I suspect you have an aluminum prop and you can get a tad more speed out of a stainless prop as they don't have as much flex in the blades.
What is the factory 3 blade prop? What is your elevation (from sea

A 2014 is a smaller boat. It is the same size as 2018+ v165.

)? I assume you're referring to the ProGuide v175. I have a 2014 with the 115 4 stroke. I'm about 330' above sea level and get up to 41mph under ideal conditions with a Solis 3 blade 17p running close to 6000 rpms. I'm seriously considering getting a 19p to see if I can get the RPMs down just a bit and perhaps pick up some speed. But 39-40 mph is pretty good from my experience. The good news is that the speed seems to be about the same whether it's just me or if I add another 500 pounds.

Latest posts

Back