2018 Pro Guide V 175 Combo Prop Testing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The way i do it is to start out with the trim all the way down hit the throttle wo once the boat is on plane trim up gradually till i hit the sweet spot. With a 17 p prop i can trim all the way up and run 40 mph gps

The way i do it is to start out with the trim all the way down hit the throttle wo once the boat is on plane trim up gradually till i hit the sweet spot. With a 17 p prop i can trim all the way up and run 40 mph gps
When you say trim all the way up what do you mean. If i trim up very much at all my prop comea out of the water to much and i slow down an rpms go up

I can run at full trim 40 mph only time i get blow out is if i turn to sharp then i have to trim down

I can run at full trim 40 mph only time i get blow out is if i turn to sharp then i have to trim down

I’m pretty sure your older boat is different than the newer boats. With the stock prop I’d get prop ventilation when I got the trim gauge up to the first mark. The 4 blade prop cured that ill. Can’t hit 40mph though. They say that in dash speedo is gps, but I’ve never heard of an analog gps! Lol. My gps says 38. My gauge says 40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m pretty sure your older boat is different than the newer boats. With the stock prop I’d get prop ventilation when I got the trim gauge up to the first mark. The 4 blade prop cured that ill. Can’t hit 40mph though. They say that in dash speedo is gps, but I’ve never heard of an analog gps! Lol. My gps says 38. My gauge says 40.

So what prop do you have? Do you know the full name an dimensions? Thanks man

Quicksilver 13.25 17p ill run a 19 p when there only me and one other in the boat i also have a quicksilver 18p stainless but I haven’t run it much yet. It sounds like the newer model proguide v175 would run better with the 150 fourstroke

So what prop do you have? Do you know the full name an dimensions? Thanks man

Turning Point Hustler
Model# 21431730
is a 17p if you’re not going to pull a tube or waterski.
is a 15p for water sports or heavy loads.

Best price I’ve found is on iboats.com although eBay could have it for less. The hub in your black max will fit in the hustler.

Turning Point Hustler
Model# 21431730
is a 17p if you’re not going to pull a tube or waterski.
is a 15p for water sports or heavy loads.

Best price I’ve found is on iboats.com although eBay could have it for less. The hub in your black max will fit in the hustler.
Thanks mike huge help man enjoy that boat lovin mine so far!

Thanks Ray! It has been fun to get out on big water this year.
f94a7edb996397ad60f2ad4e9bb60506.jpg
8dbf13adc4d622bb39ac00923deef659.jpg
b0065540bb539b3df220c49d3be09f66.jpg

I got a chance to get the boat out today. Over the winter I purchased another Hustler 4 blade 17p this one stainless steel. I bought it as used off Amazon for $86. What a steal that was. It looked like it was brand new. Top speed was 39.5 mph turning 5400 rpm’s.

Just bought a 2018 pro-guide 175 wt,with a 90hp mercury, I always like to keep my max rpm at 6000 with one 220lb person and a full tank of gas , trimmed up a little . What prop are you using ? thinking to start with a 15p 3 blade and if necessary go to at 13p. I do not want the extra speed and sacrifice performance . I don't want the marina to install the wrong pitch as most marina's do.

Attachments

• IMG_0717.jpg
    IMG_0717.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_0715.jpg
    IMG_0715.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0711.jpg
    IMG_0711.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 171
Im not sure what wot is im in the process of breaking it in and it will get to max rpms i guess you could say but uts just doesnt sound right im not sure how to explain. Kinda like if you have weeds on your prop an over revs but you dont gain speed but not as dramatic
Your probably missing the plastic insert installed before the prop to prevent blow out. so many marinas don't install it . because of stupidity or lack of knowledge .

A friend has a 2018 175 Combo with the 90hp with the 15p prop. The rig operates quite nicely throughout the rpm range. I have a 2018 Pro Guide V16WT with the 75hp Mercury and the stock 15p prop. Also operates nicely throughout the rpm range. Jumps right out on plane, WOT 35mph GPS indicated with 2 adults,fishing gear and full of fuel, Idles down to 2.2 mph. From my experience the Mercury 75-115hp 2.1liter motors have alot of torque. What pitch prop is currently on your boat? Going down to a 13P prop may be a bit overproped for general use.

Picking it up in two weeks dealer is working on it now .But from passed experience dealers don't install the good pitch.I want to get 6000 rpm with me alone( 220 lbs ) and a full tank of gas. if a 15p can get me to 6000 rpm that would be perfect

Picking it up in two weeks dealer is working on it now .But from passed experience dealers don't install the good pitch.I want to get 6000 rpm with me alone( 220 lbs ) and a full tank of gas. if a 15p can get me to 6000 rpm that would be perfect
Looking at the Mercury Marine site..WOT is 5000-6000RPM for the 90. Look at their prop selector section on the site and you will get a idea of what you need. I think a 13P is a bit too much for general use.

Just bought a 2018 pro-guide 175 wt,with a 90hp mercury, I always like to keep my max rpm at 6000 with one 220lb person and a full tank of gas , trimmed up a little . What prop are you using ? thinking to start with a 15p 3 blade and if necessary go to at 13p. I do not want the extra speed and sacrifice performance . I don't want the marina to install the wrong pitch as most marina's do.

The 17p might be alright with that boat. If you are having issues with the stock prop switch to a 4 blade Hustler. I tried about 5 different props on mine and this current prop is the top performing prop I’ve had. I’ve been told by a few that 4stroke motors should be run near the middle of the wot rpm range. Being 5000-6000 on my motor. On my 2 stroke motors I always ran them at the top of the range.

Just got this email from Tracker marine looks like a 14 pitch will do the job.

Attachments

• tracker marine.jpg
    tracker marine.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 171
I have a 2012 V175 combo with a 90 optimax on it. (gear ratio is different than your 115 so keep that in mind as well) It came with a 19p black max prop that would get me to about 37-38mph at 5200rpm. I don't really care about top speed as I find the Opti really loud when you get over about 4500rpm. Due to that, I am more interested in time to plane and typically cruise at about 3000rpm for standard running around. I have never really liked the black max as it planes pretty slowly, and blows out easily in turns or when trimming up the motor.

I just purchased a 13x17p quicksilver nemesis prop to try out and hope that will help in a lot of the areas I really care about. I will report back what I find out.

I will say my father in law has a 2012 V175 WT with a 115 4 stroke running a 17p blackmail prop. He is also very slow to plane, but his top speed is 2-3mph faster than mine.

Michael

Latest posts

Back