1. Welcome to Nitro & Tracker Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2018 Pro Guide V 175 Combo Prop Testing

Thread in 'Motors & Props' started by Mike Jacobsen, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Mike Jacobsen

Mike Jacobsen Member

I recently purchased this boat. It has a 115 mercury 4 stroke. I have had it out 4 times now. With the stock prop and a light load I could only achieve 37mph @ 5200 rpms at wot. Stock prop is a 13.25 x 17 black max 3 blade. I could not trim the motor much at all before the prop started to ventilate and slip. I did not get much bow lift at all. I tested with a 13.25 x 13 rubex 4 blade. I hit the rev limiter easily with a light load. Fully loaded I was hitting 32mph @ 6000 rpms at wot. I could trim the motor higher and achieved more bow lift. I just purchased a 13.5 x 15 hustler 4 blade. I hope this will give me more acceptable numbers. I called the shop and asked them if the stock prop was correct and they said it was. Well it’s not acceptable to me. They need to outfit this rig with a different prop when the boat is delivered.

I hope this can help someone out with this rig.

2. Mike Jacobsen

Mike Jacobsen Member

88587EBA-1B72-4594-B216-E4A08FB18CD1.jpeg DFEE9571-6C78-4C63-97FD-40C594AAF2A1.jpeg DB3BCD25-821A-41D5-A7A4-6858F1EA0CFA.jpeg

Attached Files:

3. Mike Jacobsen

Mike Jacobsen Member

I got to try out the 13.5 x 15 hustler 4 blade this weekend. It’s going to be the perfect prop for a heavy load. With a light load I was running 38 mph @ 6000 rpms. I think I want to get this prop in a 19 pitch for speed with a light load. I’ll report back in a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Jimmy V

Jimmy V New Member

I have the same boat but not the prop knowledge. Anxious to see what you come up with

Mike Jacobsen likes this.
  5. tony zamp

tony zamp Member

I have the same boat never had to drop down to a pitch as low as 15. With up to 4 people I can get 6000 rpms. Close to 38mph gps. With just 2 in the boat i can run A 19p @ 6000 rpm @ 40 mph

6. Mike Jacobsen

Mike Jacobsen Member

What year is your motor? I believe they might have changed the lower unit gear ratio this year or last. What height is your motor mounted? Some have suggested I raise the motor, but right now the anti-ventilation plate is just above the lowest point of the hull.

7. tony zamp

tony zamp Member

Its a 2013 with the standard gear box. I can run a 17p prop at full tilt 6200 rpm 40 mph only time i get blow out is on a heavy turn. I can run full tilt with no porpoising.

8. tony zamp

tony zamp Member

207 gear. If I tried a 15 pitch I think it would over rev severly

9. Mike Jacobsen

Mike Jacobsen Member

That’s really strange as mine came with a 17 pitch and I could only hit 5200 rpms. I think it has more to do with the prop design. Getting my 4 blade 13 x 19 Hustler today. I’ll get to test that out this weekend.

10. Mike Jacobsen

Mike Jacobsen Member

I’m surprised you can achieve 6200 rpms. My rev limiter kicks in at 6100.

11. Mike Jacobsen

Mike Jacobsen Member

Tony, what holes are your motor mounted in? I saw one today with a 150 and it was mounted in the 3rd hole down. I might need to raise my motor. Tried the 19 pitch today and I could just barely hit 5000 rpms with a light load.