2018 Mercury 150 4 Stroke Non Pro Xs With Mirage 23p Propeller?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 2018 Mercury 150 4-stroke has been trouble free. Top speed 60+ MPH with Z18 and 22P Mercury prop.
Vic

My 2018 Mercury 150 4-stroke has been trouble free. Top speed 60+ MPH with Z18 and 22P Mercury prop.
Vic

I completely understand and agree. Unfortunately after picking my boat up from the dealer it would not get on plane my dealers solution was to get rid of the 22 pitch tempest plus and put a 19 on there. I recently found out that it wasn't the propeller it was the throttle linkage cable was not adjusted correctly to open the throttle. Now that that problem is fixed my dealer is refusing to give me back the 22 pitch propeller. I have the opportunity to get a 23-pitch mirage for a hundred bucks I'mma just wondering if it will work.

Wish I could be of more help. Maybe someone knowledgeable will chime in. That really sucks they will not give you the original prop back. Bet they sold it.
Vic

Anyone have any experience with the 150 four stroke paired with a 23p mirage? Any suggestions? Input? Thanks
The Mirage prop is more for higher horse power motors. Like off shore boats and stern drives it has a large diameter which will hurt the hole shot. The Tempest Plus or a Fury is best, not saying that the Mirage or Mirage Plus won't work. The diameter on the Mirage would start at 145/8" for a 23" pitch however that prop is not about bow lift like the Tempest and Fury more on the stern lift side do to the props rake on the blade. For $100.00 I would by it just for a spare.

I have a 90hp mercury, I bought a prop that is for a 115-225 on accident so the hub is too large and the thrust washer doesn’t even make contact. If ur interested the details are:
Mercury Quicksilver 3 Blade Propeller 48 11078 A40 25P Stainless Steel (refurbished) I think it’s a 13.75”x25pitch

$65 for the prop and prolly like $45 to ship

Latest posts

Back