1. Welcome to Nitro & Tracker Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2017 Targa Rear Baitwell

Thread in 'Nitro & Tracker Owners' started by Targakid, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Targakid

Targakid Member

My rear baitwell had a couple inches of water in it though I've never turned the pump on. I don't use the livewells or baitwells for anything but dry storage. I pulled the drain plug once home with the boat on the trailer and the water wouldn't drain. Any ideas? I don't think the line is plugged as I cover all the fill and drain holes during winter storage to prevent any critters getting in. I just pulled the boat out of storage and made one outing with it to date. This is my second season with it. Never had water in it last year.

2. Kerz

Kerz Well-Known Member

The water should drain through once the plug is removed. Try a water hose to apply some pressure to unclog the line. I'd start from the livewell side first.
    Water seeping in: make sure you are operating the boat with the livewell pump out valve in the closed position or could be coming past the inlet fill valve.
    http://www.bassfishin.com/bassfishingforums/showthread.php?t=17798
    Vic

3. ropatz

ropatz New Member

I had the exact same issue with my 2018 targa. Drain line was way too long and created an s curve in the line. I shortened mine by about 8 inches and the live well drains but the hose will still hold a little water. Fyi, it's a royal pain in the ass to do it. Expect lost of cuts and scratches on your arms from working the bildge area

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk