2013 Nitro Hull Repair

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lrs184

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I will start with some background. I am not an expert by any means with boat repair but I have resources and know people who are mechanically inclined and have experience with gelcoat and fiberglass.

I have a 2013 nitro bass boat that needs to be repaired. It's stringers are delaminating which means the cap is going to have to come off. This is not a scenario where I can simply sell off for get rid of the boat and just get a new one.

I need some genuine advice with this on how to get the cap off which appears to be one of the harder things to do with a newer bass boat with how they adhere the cap to the hull on newerboats. Nitro is so elusive even with older modelsof how they did their construction it is hard to get a firm idea of what to expect. The 2013 is not the rapid planing hull. I'm not sure what their stringer makeup is below either or their layout of the cap and how much of a pain they will have that as being. But it has to come off.. no questions asked.

I know a lot of people simply jump to trying to get rid of a boat or do a hull swap to a different boat with the motor but those are not options right now due to reasons that I don't want to discuss on here. If someone here has gone through the process of pulling a cap off of a newer bass boat or perhaps even a nitro z series I would love to hear your experience and what was good and what went wrong and what you would do different.

What can I expect? Any advice is appreciated

Hello everyone,

I will start with some background. I am not an expert by any means with boat repair but I have resources and know people who are mechanically inclined and have experience with gelcoat and fiberglass.

I have a 2013 nitro bass boat that needs to be repaired. It's stringers are delaminating which means the cap is going to have to come off. This is not a scenario where I can simply sell off for get rid of the boat and just get a new one.

I need some genuine advice with this on how to get the cap off which appears to be one of the harder things to do with a newer bass boat with how they adhere the cap to the hull on newerboats. Nitro is so elusive even with older modelsof how they did their construction it is hard to get a firm idea of what to expect. The 2013 is not the rapid planing hull. I'm not sure what their stringer makeup is below either or their layout of the cap and how much of a pain they will have that as being. But it has to come off.. no questions asked.

I know a lot of people simply jump to trying to get rid of a boat or do a hull swap to a different boat with the motor but those are not options right now due to reasons that I don't want to discuss on here. If someone here has gone through the process of pulling a cap off of a newer bass boat or perhaps even a nitro z series I would love to hear your experience and what was good and what went wrong and what you would do different.

What can I expect? Any advice is appreciated

I'd be at the dealers door because you have a warranty problem and it should be a warranty repair..

Back